SQUIP

Whack
———————————————

Michael and I ended up sleeping at some point in my bed, we planned to go to the mall later in the morning.

I woke up the next morning being tangled in his embrace. Hosweetjesus

I had tried to get up, only to be pulled back in his embrace. Later though, he woke up and let me free. We later went to the mall in Michaels PT cruiser. Silent and awkward, tension that I hate.

We walked into Payless shoes, with Michael throwing his hood over his head and me staring around the scene.
We walk to the counter, and I look to see a tall boy in black.

He was busy looking at his phone, I was too nervous to lean over and see exactly what he was doing. So instead, I scratch the back of my neck and say 'Um . .' I gulp.

Michael sighs, knowing my social skills would get me nowhere. He push's in front of me, and I stumbled behind him. Michael examines him before saying 'I like your sideburns.' wait he has sideburns? Woah, I didn't notice. Michael asked, 'Wolferine, right?'

The boy sighed, and looked up. Turning his phone of and yanking it in his pockets. 'Let's see the money.' I squeak at how intimating he sounds and looks now, and stammer 'W-What?'

The boy placed his hands on the counter, and leaned forward and glared at us with icy blue eyes that made me shiver, and almost shrink behind Michael. 'It's from Japan. It's a gray oblong pill.'

I have heard this, but Michael hasn't. So I continue to listen, just in case the . . The song lyrics changed or, whatever.

'Quantum nanotechnology CPU. The quantum computer in the pill, will travel through the your blood, until. It implants in your brain' he tapped his head 'and tells you what to do.' He leaned back, and crossed his arms.

. . .
He wasn't as enthusiastic as Rich.

Michael looked back at me nervously, and then back to the boy 'How did you know that's why we. . . I'm here?' The boy blinked, and growled 'Just look at you, kid.' I shakily pull the money out of my pocket and hand it to Michael. The boy looked at the six hundred dollars.

'It's four hundred.' He looked at us, I blink. And say 'Four?' He growled 'Just take two hundred away, before I charge for the whole six.' I nodded shakily, and took away two of the hundred. And put it in my pocket.

I watch as the boy pulls out a shoebox. I look at Michael as he raises a brow 'Ladies running shoes?' The boy opened it, to reveal a small gray pill.

I took the pill, and examined it. Michael watched me. I whispered to him 'I have a bad feeling about this.'

The stockboy quickly explained, 'Just so we're clear: this is unlisted technology. And it's not exactly legal . .' He looked around the store 'Which is why you're paying for it with cash in the back of a shoe store. I take no responsibility for what' he looked to Michael 'you might do with it. Or what it might do to you.'

I look up, and glare 'What it might do to him-' the boy continued, and Michael lightly smiled at me 'To activate it, take it with Mountain Dew. Don't know why.' He shrugged, proving to us that he was just selling drugs and probably didn't even know much about it. Oh wait sorry, it's better than drugs according to Rich.

IITTT'SSS FFRROOMMM JJAAAAPPAAAAAANNNNNN!

The boy shrugged 'Just something about Mountain Dew. And, this is important-' Michael and I jumped, as we heard a door open. We turned and saw Jenna, and the boy barked 'I'm sold out!'

Jenna Rolan stared in silence, she was shocked and confused and asked with a raised brow 'Of . . . Shoes?'

'Oh,' the boy blinked, 'you're here for shoes!' He inhaled and exhaled 'My bad.' He looked to Michael 'Scram,' he looked at me 'kids.'

I jump forward 'Wait! You were gonna say something-' he walked around the counter and shoved me away. I squeak, and almost trip but thankfully Michael catches me. And we walk out with me holding the pill in my pocket.

We quickly dashed to the nearest store and grabbed us some Mountain Dew. Then we walked all the way back to Michaels cruiser, afraid of people seeing us and our new pill thing. We're both sitting in the backseat, examining the gray pill.

I gulp, 'Michael, I . . I don't . .' Michael blinked, he took it and examined it 'Do you even want to take it?' Michael asked, I blink and look down 'Not really . .'

'Then I'll take it.' Michael said confidently, I squeak and look at him 'But, Michael-' Michael shrugged, 'I insist.' He inhaled nervously, 'I really hope you're worth four hundred dollars.' He said, as though talking to this pill.

I leaned forward, and grabbed the Mountain Dew from his side. 'Four hundred and one.' I waved it in infront of him 'Don't forget the Mountain Dew.' He examined the Mountain Dew, before taking it.

I feel nervous, and I have a very bad feeling about this. I put my hand over his 'Michael . . .' I look down sheepishly, and look up when he turns to me.

'Michael, If this is real . . . Your whole life could change.' Michael blinked, and put his held my hand 'W-We should split it.' He stammered, 'You helped me get it. We should both benefit, right?'

I thought about it, and shook my head 'I don't think that's how it works, Michael.' His grip tightened on my hand, and his brushed his thumb over my finger, 'I owe you then.' He smiled. I smile sheepishly and say 'A-Alright.'

He let's go of my hand, and looked at the pill. 'Well here's goes . . .' He exhaled 'everything.' He put it on his tongue and chugged down the Mountain Dew.

He looked up, when he was done. He looked around, and then back at me. I panic, feeling worried. I hold his hand again, 'H-How does it taste?' Michael looked up and licked his lips, 'Minty.'

I stare at his lips for a moment, and then back at his eyes 'How d-do you feel?' I ask, and feel my grip tighten on his hand. Michael looked up, 'Um . . . Like,,,' he paused, and pulled his hand away from me and shoved it into his pockets and sunk into the seat and groaned 'A chump'

'Nothing?!' I protest, I lean into his view, obviously sister shook. 'At all?!' He sighed and I insisted that he should 'Try to say something cool.'

He looked at me 'I think I just blew my money for Crystal Pepsi on a wintergreen tic tac.' I stayed silent before giggling 'Yeah not cool,' I tilt my head 'but wasn't that discontinued in the 90s?' He sighed, 'Which would've made it more awesome.'

I laughed, and sat down. Resting my head on his shoulder, 'Do you need to mourn in your chilli fries?' Michael grumbled a yes. I patted his head, sympathetically.

He suddenly held my hand nervously and gulped, 'So, um Jere . . .' I close my eyes and smiled 'Yeah?' I sigh, he inhaled and exhale 'So, um there's something I . .' He paused and gulped 'need to tell you . . .'

I look up at him, and see he is blushing. He is very tense, and seems to be anxious. I turned to him, and held his hand. Brushing my thumb over his finger to try and calm him down, 'Calm down first, Michael.' I smile lightly, feeling my cheeks heat up as I stare into his eyes.

He inhaled and exhaled, and I knew he had calmed down when his shoulders relaxed. 'Okay, okay . .' He sighed, and beamed at me softly. He clutched my hand with both of his hands, 'Jeremy um . . .I' He looked down sheepishly. I beamed, hoping he was gonna say what I hoped he was going to say. '. . .I-'

'OOWWW!'