Chapter 28

It turned out traveling with Teras was even more annoying than traveling with Fenris, but for different reasons. Whereas Fenris was the teasing flame that burned bright and jolly, yet was not completely tamed, Teras was a roaring fire that I had almost complete control of. I was top priority in everything.

     The only good point was the warmth he provided at night—it turned out the huge, thick coat of fur was useful after all—and Etna.

     In many ways, Etna reminded me of Sahara. Her witty tongue, fighting and hunting capacities, even her sandy black and brown coat screamed of Sahara. Over the day I'd spent with her, I'd learned she had a younger sister who'd been forcefully taken to the Heat, while Etna herself was being raped. I'd felt an unusual tinge of sympathy at that.

     I stopped in my tracks, where I was digging through the snow that reached my withers, and turned around. Etna grumbled from where she stood at the back of our trio, and Teras was just sitting down, though his bear-like form still towered over me. He couldn't possibly be only Wolf, even if he were a God-Chosen Warrior, like the rest of the Greats, or a minor Goddess, like Morrigan. That only gave one distinct markings on the body, maybe a peculiar coat. I'd have to ask him one day.

     He lowered his head to my height, a small spark of amusement in his single eye— he was probably laughing at our size difference.

     The bastard.

Teras, can you sense Fenris? I asked, as the idea had suddenly sprouted in my mind.

Who? Teras replied, a confused look sinking into his wolf's features.

Fenris. He was—is—very important to me.

Is he your soulmate? he wondered.

     I gave him an unimpressed look.

Soulmates don't exist anymore, Teras. That's why Alphas put in place the Heat.

Soulmates don't just stop existing, Alpha Queen. People stop thinking they exist, and it's just like with magic. If you don't believe in it, it won't happen. With soulmates, if you don't believe, you're like a newborn pup when it comes to the signs, Teras explained.

He nudged me forward, and I stumbled under the strength of his push before righting myself. I glared up at him with my one, golden eye.

But to answer your question, I could sense him. But only if he were, in fact, your soulmate, because that would mean he held Fenrir's wild, which I can track.

I don't know if he was my—I interrupted myself—God this is embarrassing. I don't think he was my soulmate. I mean he didn't— he didn't try anything on me, he just—oh Gods this is really awkward to talk to you about—sometimes he— sometimes he curled up around me at night to keep me warm. And he helped with my fighting technique, and he took care of me when I was half-dead from the cold. And he saved me from an Alpha who tried— who tried to take me.

I stumbled slightly in the snow because of my embarrassment.

Then he's definitely your soulmate. They're hardwired to protect each other, rather like a lion protects his lioness and vice-versa.

He never told me.

Maybe he didn't know.

Oh I'm sure the fucking bastard did. He was raised by Magic, after all. And he's a Warrior. He definitely knew. I'm gonna skin his hide and use it as a blanket.

I'm sure you don't mean it.

Oh I'm sure I—

Our banter was interrupted by Etna's loud growl.

I'm sure your conversation is quite interesting, but I think the smell of other Wolves right now is a tad more important, came her sharp mind-voice.

Immediately I straightened, sniffing the air. The smell of wood fire and snow and stone permeated the air, but underneath it was the distinct scent of musk and cold air and winter and evenings spent looking at the stars and time and laughters.

Fenris.

My eye scanned the rocky surroundings. Snowy outcrops and cliffs and stone formations and jagged spikes and caves made up the view. A harsh blanket of icy white lay over everything. I saw no one.

Can you sense anything? I asked Teras.

Yes, he paused and seemed to concentrate, faintly. The rocks are blocking a lot.

Where is it coming from?

Without a word, Teras took the lead, his massive form tracing effortlessly through the snow. Every few seconds, he'd stop, tilt his head this way and that, and then start again.

     I raced through the snow after him, Etna trotting at a leisurely pace behind. She had nothing to do with this. She didn't really care.

     Finally, after what felt like hours, the smell seemed to get stronger. I was panting now from the exertion of leaping through the snow in Teras' pursuit, however I was not really tired. I'd run longer in the sand. This was no different.

     In a burst of speed, I overtook the Beast and sprinted in the direction of the familiar scent. I bound from rock to rock that paved the climb to a cave like a mountain goat. I was on a high. He was so close.

     Then finally, finally, I was at the top. I halted, sniffing around for an entrance to cave I knew was there. I whined, slightly desperately, and followed my nose behind a large boulder.

     It was like coming back home after a long time away. That was probably when I realized that he was, indeed, my soulmate. A blast of the familiar scent swept into my nose like fresh summer breeze. I barely registered what my one eye could see before I was launching myself at the man on the other side of the fire.

     I saw his eyes flash with shock before I tackled him to the ground. I poked my nose in his ears and his neck and his chest, licking here and there. Merely a beat passed before his strong arms latched around me and he crushed me to his chest.

Little Wolf.

A/N) I am officially too single for this😩😩
Happy Valentine, I hope this chappie satisfied all your hopes for the Day of Love!
Guess who had a date?
My socks

Look at how cute they are! (Btw my legs were bent so they're not actually like that)How was your Valentine? Who got one?My friends and I had a Secret Valentine, kinda like a Secret Santa but with Valentine's Day, and the girl who picked me gave me...

How was your Valentine? Who got one?
My friends and I had a Secret Valentine, kinda like a Secret Santa but with Valentine's Day, and the girl who picked me gave me a flower made of Snicker bars and Oreos, since they're my favorite. I ate all the snickers (6 of them) and am keeping the Oreos for tomorrow.
- Lexie

If a very hot guy came up to you blushing on Valentine's Day and gave a rose and chocolates, how would you react?

Give him a peck on the cheek and hug the life out of him.