Chapter 4

Sorry, it's been a while since I updated. I just have these huge exams coming up.

Emma's P.O.V.

Alec had left without a word. Lucky me! I needed to find his plans for the attack on my base. I might be starting to love my mate, but I only met him two days ago and family is forever. Deal with it.

I slowly got up. It was only then I noticed I was in a hospital gown. Fucking shit! That meant I had been like this the entire time with Alec. Talk about embarrassing. 

I quickly went to the closet and sighed in relief when I found some clothes. They were obviously my size and bought for me because the price tags were still on. I felt a twinge of guilt, but then I remembered the madness in his eyes when he spoke of my Organization.

Peaking out of my room, I look around for cameras. I see a couple but their blind spots are obvious. I ease myself out of the room and slide against the wall. It was a long time for me to get anywhere. 

I need to find his office. That is where the plans would be. I mean that is where I keep my plans at the base. 

As I turn the corner, I heard a voice, "Three days from now is the date of the attack. Bring this to the Alpha King's office."

I remain hidden, but track the young page's mouvement. He is the one being sent to the office where I need to go. The stuffy man who gave orders went in the other direction quickly, leaving me able to follow that page more easily.

The poor page suspects nothing at all. We works in the Alpha King's fucking castle. He should be able to detect when someone is following him. It is not like I am hiding. If I were hiding, it would attract more attention.

It took us a good eight minutes of walking to get to the office. Who needs a house this fucking big? It is too much work to even walk around. I would die after a couple of days or buy a scooter. 

The page opens the door to the office easily and puts the paper he was holding down on the desk. Shit, he was coming out this way. I look around the hall and see some curtains. Without another choice, I run over and hide behind them. What a childish hiding spot!

When the page passes by me, I let out a sigh of relief. I wasn't caught yet. I slowly crept out from behind the curtain and ran into the office. I shut the door behind me and observed my mate's work space. It was more organized than mine. I only cleaned up when I had people coming in or something. His seemed to always be in this state of cleanliness.

I approached his desk and eyed the papers that the page brought in. I sat on his chair, it was one of the huge imposing ones. I leafed through the papers. It had interesting information about the security and whatnot, but nothing about any attack on my home.

I attempt to open the drawers of the file cabinet, but it is locked. I put my hand in my hair to see if my pickpocketing tools are there. I reach around and find some of them, but not all. Damn, those are expensive to have nice ones.

It takes me a couple minutes to unlock it. When I do, I immediately start rummaging around. It is organized, but I don't know how it is. I bring out this huge paper. I unfold it and recognize it as the layout to my base. How did he get it? I must have a mole or something, shit!

I fold up the paper and slide it into my pant leg. It is too big to put in my pocket and it wraps around my calf perfectly. I search some more, but find nothing. I look at the clock and three hours have passed since I left my room. 

I lock the drawers again and put everything perfectly. No fingerprints or signs of my passing are left. I quietly shut the door behind me and turn to face the hallway. I saunter down the halls, taking note of cameras and other things to plan my escape. I need to get these plans to my family. 

"Stop!" a voice yells. I freeze and turn around. Oh shit! It was stuffy man from earlier. 

He approaches me, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

I decide not to answer. I mean I don't know what to say, so silence is always the good answer. I can't exactly claim that I am the Alpha King's mate. I am sure several women have done it before. At that thought, I push down the jealousy that rises up. 

The stuffy man sneers, "Are you another of his whores?"

At his word, I take offense. Does that mean my mate has slept with a lot of people. I have no right to judge him, I have played around some too. No matter that my wolf wants to find these women and kill them for sleeping with our mate. I remain silence, no matter how much I want to explode. 

He continues, "Guards! Escort this woman out of the castle!" 

Guards appear at his command and I chuckle inwardly. The Alpha King is going to throw a fit when he finds out I'm gone. I hope he kills stuffy man. I would love to watch! That came out as very bloodthirsty thinking back.

I could overpower the two guards who are escorting me, but all this will help me escape. The guards obviously haven't heard the news of the Alpha King's new mate. As unmated and unclaimed, my dearest mate would have a fit to know that two unmated males are touching me without anyone else present. 

I think that the guards and stuffy man think I am crazy. Laughing and smiling is not the usual reaction to being escorted from the castle. But for me, this is a win-win situation for me. Either I get out and home or stuffy man gets punished!

We get pretty far until a roar shakes the castle. I think that Alec has discovered my disappearance. The guards and stuffy man wince. I guess the rumors about the furies of the Alpha King are true. That also means the madness I saw in his eyes when he speaks about the Smith Organization is just that, madness.

Guard 1 comments, "He seems to be in a bad mood. I wonder why?"

At this point, we are at the entrance of the castle. They are not very secure. I mean Stuffy Man just assumed that I was just a woman who had slept with the Alec. No verification or anything! I could have been a robber or something. 

I laugh out loud at the very thought. It is near impossible to break into the castle. A robber would have been more careful. 

Suddenly, I recognize a scent. It was the one of the Beta. He was there when I was found. I guess I was not going anywhere. My thought is confirmed when the Beta appears in front of me. Fun!

Both guards and Stuffy Man bow, "Beta." 

Stuffy Man glares at me, "Bow, whore!"

The Beta whose name I don't know turns to glare at Stuffy Man and punches him. I am laughing inwardly, no need to antagonize everyone else. 

Stuffy Man blubbers, "But Beta. . ."

Beta man says, "You should not call your Queen and Alpha King's mate a whore."

It takes a second for the realization to sink in. I really don't like Stuffy Man. When he tries to get up and retreat, I trip him. The guards are long gone by now, not wanting to be associated with Stuffy Man. The Beta turns at me and smiles the tiniest bit at my action. 

He comments, "Alpha King should be here in a couple seconds."

As predicted, a very furious Alec comes storming down the hall. As he spots me, he speeds up. 

I wave my hand and say, "Hi!"

The Beta looks at me like an idiot. I don't know what to say to mad, possessive, powerful wolves. I am better at enraging them than anything. 

What to do?