DIECISEIS

016 — PAPA

Liam had a fierce grip on the metal bench that he was chained to as his breathing quickened as the moonlight seeped into the Van

"Liam, you with me?" Derek asked him as he tried to calm the boy who was struggling to stay in control. "We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you." He explained to Liam hoping that it would work.

"Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?" He shouted desperately as he felt control slipping away.

Laura felt bad for the boy sure she had to endure so much at such a young age and no one should ever experiment on a child but at least she always had control over her power and abilities, he didn't.

She watched as Derek explained to him how the mantra and triskelion link together to help werewolves gain back control by focusing on the words and the pattern of the object. He also explained how alphas betas and omegas can all change to one another, always rise and fall due to their decisions that they make.

At first it looked as if it was working, Laura could tell that Liam's breathing was slower and he seemed less angry but as he continued he started to groan in pain and growl out the words that he had been instructed to say. Laura shifted away slightly as Liam looked up at Derek as his eyes started to glow showing them that it wasn't enough.

"Derek, I don't think that powerful talisman of self-control is working." Stiles said with worry heavily in his voice. He knew he was only human and if Liam couldn't control himself he would be defenseless.

Liam grunted as pain went throughout his whole body. He roared as his werewolf side tried taking over. Derek tried calming him down but it only seemed to make him worse. He roared at Derek with so much power that the van started to swerve. Everyone tried to calm him down but nothing was working. He had yanked the chain that was connecting him to the bench and lunged for Derek and Stiles.

Liam tried to wrap his claws around Derek's throat, he swiped his other handcuff off to gain more leverage. He managed to wrap a hand around it before he was violently shoved off of Derek and slammed into the other side of the van with a hand wrapped around his throat and another pointing claws just inches away from his face.

Laura glared at Liam waiting to see if he was going to make a move. He snapped his jaws at her and looked liked he was going to move again. "Don't" Laura warned him. She could easily take him down but she didn't want to hurt him, she knew he was important to Scott but if he attacks them she would do what was necessary.

"Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with him." He shouted towards Derek who was helping Laura keep Liam still.