part 1 ☆

8 PM ON A FRIDAY NIGHT - song for the chapter ➵ Catch by brett young

song for the chapter ➵ Catch by brett young

the rain was falling on my window, and i couldn't help but watch- i was kind of infatuated with it.
here in nashville, it didn't rain very much; so i tried to appreciate it when i could.
my ideal friday night would be going out on the town with my best friends, but josh didn't like me doing that. he said he didn't trust other guys unless i was with him.
sure, it may sound a bit controlling, but we loved each other and that's all that matters, right?
my thoughts were interrupted by a text message, i picked up my phone & looked at it.

madds :
what do you say we go to moonlight tonight ? thomas, lauren, chase, and a newbie named dustin is gonna be there tonight. he's performing. bring josh & meet us there @ 9 xx

i shook my head, i should have known maddy would want to go out.
"josh!" i call, hoping he'll hear me.
he walks into the kitchen and sees me.
"what?" he snaps.
i reply, "maddy wants us to meet her at the moonlight club in an hour. can we please go?"
he rolls his eyes. "sure, but if you act too ridiculous, we're going home right away."
"ok." i mumble walking into my room, time to get dressed. my phone buzzes again.

madds :

this is dustin! he's a sweetie

wow. the guy on the screen had gorgeous blue eyes and the cutest dimples i think i've ever seen.
but i can't think like that, and i won't let myself think like that.
although maddy and dustin looked all cozied up in the photo, i knew that maddy wouldn't like him like that. she had a huge crush on one of thomas' friends, chase.
chase was very tall and muscular, and he was handsome.
he was the perfect man for maddy.
maddy was a year older than me, (20), and chase was 23.
smiling to myself about how cute they were together, i pranced over to my closet and pulled out my favorite coral dress, slipping it on.

it only took about me ten minutes to do a natural makeup look.
i quickly curled my hair and added the finishing touches to my outfit, spraying some vanilla perfume.

-
woah.
the prettiest pair of blue eyes were up on the stage, covering a song by brooks & dunn.
the song was my favorite, it was brand new man.
i smiles in awe, his voice was so amazing. he was crazy talented.
josh tapped my arm, he was uncomfortable with me staring at him.
i sighed.
maddy walked over to me, a huge smile on her face. guess who was right next to her? none other than chase.
i hugged both of them and said hi, before walking over to the table they were sitting at.
lauren & thomas sat there, i greeted them too.
i sat next to lauren, and josh sat next to me.
his hand was on my thigh, and it seemed like he had a death grip on it.
it hurt, but i was way too scared to tell him. i could never stand up for myself around him.
the song was over, and dustin started to talk.
"hey y'all, i'm dustin lynch. if you have any song requests, you can gladly write them down and give them to me." his eyes scanned the room as if looking for someone.
his icy blue eyes met mine, and i was instantly in a daze.
it's like i was the one he was looking for.
i was captivated.
he started the next song, but our eye contact was still held.
"grace. grace!!" snapped maddy.
i shook my head lightly before looking at her.
"huh?"
"i'm gonna go to the bar and get a drink. come with me." she gave me that smile where i knew something was up.
i nodded, and waited for josh to get out of the booth so i could get out.
before i could leave, he grabbed my wrist and whispered in my ear.
"be careful." i rolled my eyes.
i looked back at dustin for a quick second before following maddy.
his eyes were already staring into mine, and i lightly smiled.
maddy leaned over to me.
"we need to talk."