part 7 ☆

10 PM ON SUNDAY NIGHTsong for the chapter ➵ New girl by dustin lynch

song for the chapter ➵ New girl by dustin lynch

i had regret coming home, just like always, because i didn't see what i wanted to when i got home.
there stood josh with three broken beer bottles around him, he was furious.
he was standing at the kitchen table, with red, bloodshot, eyes.
he looked up to see me, and i was instantly terrified.
"hey." he smirks, coming over towards me.
"so, i was thinking, there are some ways you could repay me for being a little brat." he chuckles, taking slow steps towards me.
my lip trembles, and i'm refusing to let him see me cry, at least not yet.
"so come on, babe, let me have you."
josh knew i didn't wanna have sex for a long time, it was something we had discussed multiple times.
"stop being so boring, get over here." he grabs my waist, and i yelp in pain.
"oh shut it, you weak little girl."
tears spill down my makeup- covered cheeks.
"no, please, stop." i beg.
he starts to kiss my neck, and his breath smells like alcohol.
actually, it reeks of alcohol.
"please, stop." i cry.
"come on, don't be such a prude." he starts to take off my shirt, but he's too strong.
he tears it a little bit down the middle, and it's now cut way too low.
"i like it more like that." he smirks and tries to continue kissing me.
i try to kick and scream, but he's too strong.
"let me make you feel good." he winks.
the doorbell suddenly rings, and i take this as my chance.
"stay right there." but i don't listen to him.
i run to the door and open it, seeing a package from a delivery guy.
i instantly sprint and unlock my car with my keys that were still in my hand.
i had left my purse in the car, so my phone and wallet were in there.
i didn't know where i was going; but i needed to leave.
once i was in the car, josh sprinted out of the door.
"get back here slut." he yells.
i drive as fast as i can, pulling out of the driveway.

i had pulled into a gas station about 20 minutes away from my house and called dustin.
he said i could definitely come over and stay the night, and i didn't need to tell him what was wrong- but i already planned on telling him when i got to his house.
so here i was in his driveway, trying to get the courage to walk up to his door and knock.
i walked up the steps to his door, and took a deep breath.
i still had on my ripped shirt and shorts i was wearing earlier today.
it was currently 11:30 PM, and dustin has to reassure me many times i didn't wake him up by calling him.
i knocked, and anticipated his answer.
when he opened the door, he had a smile on his face; which was instantly replaced with a concerned look on his face when he saw my mascara stained cheeks and ripped-up shirt.
he was wearing grey sweatpants and a white t shirt, with messy brown hair, he looked so damn good without a hat on.
"what's wrong sweetie?" he asks instantly engulfing me in a hug.
i stay in his arms for a moment before he welcomes me inside, and we sit on his couch so i can tell him the story.
"before you tell me what happened, do you want some of my clothes to change into?" he asks. "that doesn't look very comfortable."
"yes please, that'd be nice."
he nods and goes to grab me clothes from his room.
when he comes back, there's a tennessee university t shirt and some black sweatpants, which i can tell will be huge.
"thank you so much." i say.
"of course darlin', the bathroom's right there." he points to the door and i smile and nod, getting up to go change.
while changing, i come to the conclusion that the tee shirt was long enough and i didn't need the sweatpants.
i open the door and walk back out to his living room, and when he looks at me he takes a deep breath.
"u-um wow, you look great." he chuckles, his dimples showing.
"sorry, i can totally go put the sweatpants o-" he cuts me off.
"no it's fine, you rock my t shirt, honey."
my heart does a little flip and i nod my head, ready to tell him what happened.
i sit down next to him on the couch and turn my body towards him, his arm was wrapped around the back of the couch where i was.
"so u-um," a year had already spilled down my cheeks, and dustin quickly wiped it away with his thumb before putting his hand over mine.
"i went home and josh was there, there were three beer bottles broken on the floor. he was r-really drunk, and he wanted to have sex w-with me. but i had always told him i wanted to wait. he knows that, but he tried to force me anyways. he u-um, ripped my shirt, and started kissing my neck, but our doorbell rang and i got away as fast as i could."
dustin looks pissed, and he takes a deep breath to calm himself down.
he scoots closer to me and wraps his warm arms around me.
"he's not even worth it, g."
he has a nickname for me.
"please, don't go back to him. i may not know what love is, but i know that's not it for sure. please, you need something new. not him, you're so beautiful, please realize that. you can be treated so much better. just know that."
he gives me a weak smile and i return it.
"thanks, dustin."
"of course darlin'."
i yawn, and he chuckles at me.
"wanna go to sleep?" he asks, i nod my head.
"you can sleep in my bed and i'll sleep on the couch."
i shake my head. "there's no way i'm gonna let you do that, i'll you sleep in your own bed."
"not happening, what kind of gentleman would i be if i let that happen? my mama raised me better than that." he chuckles.
"fine, we'll just both sleep in your bed."
he smiles, "sounds good to me. you sure you're okay with that?"
i nod my head, and we start walking to his room.
there's a navy blue bed spread, a few guitars, and some cool country music pictures hanging up.
he pulls the covers back for me, and i get back in to his bed.
it's really warm, and it feels so nice.
he lays next to me, and whispers "goodnight, sweetheart."
i reply and close my eyes, snuggling into his warm blanket.
he wraps his warm arms around me, and i'm sure it's the best feeling in the world.
i'm gonna sleep so good tonight.