part 5 ☆

song for the chapter ➵ I don't know about you by chris lane

"well. i was born in tennessee. typical country boy growing up, loved my parents, jesus, trucks, and hunting. i'm a mama's boy, and moving here was probably one of the hardest things i've ever had to- since i had to leave her. that's pretty much it."
he gives me that same charming smile.
i nod my head, "alright, now its time for twenty questions."
he laughs. "i love your level of immaturity."
i laugh back and we start to play the game.

pretty soon the line had moved up, and i was starting to grow nervous.
i tensed up and he noticed, sending me a reassuring smile.
"you don't have to go if you don't want to, but i'm here. nothing's gonna happen when i'm here."
for some reason i felt like he was talking about more than this stupid roller coaster we were about to go on, like he was actually speaking to my soul.
i nodded and gulped. "thanks, dustin."
he nods his head. "no problem, sweetheart.
now, are you ready to get on this roller coaster?" i smile and nod my head.

the day went great.
we rode some more of the rides, and dustin and i have a lot of things in common; including our personality traits.
we had left the fair, and now it was time to go eat out at our favorite run down little bar.
it was called "honky tonk's," how basic right?
this bar also happened to have karaoke, and i was pumped about that.
we had sat at a table near the back of the room, and maddy was on my left and dustin was on my right.
dustin's point of view

man, this girl was great. this whole day was going amazing, but there were so many things in the way of me having a chance with her.
my manager, craig, had texted me earlier saying that i needed a publicity stunt since i was just starting to get famous.
girls loved me because they thought i was attractive, even though i was probably older than them.
the publicity stunt rules wanted me to date a girl named lillie johnston who was an actress from LA.
i had done some research on her, and she was the exact opposite of what i want in a girl.
what you want in a girl is everything grace has. my mind told me. i can't deny that.
lillie was a terrible actress and didn't make her own money, it came from her daddy.
she had blonde hair and blue eyes and was pretty, but she looked too fake.
she wore too much makeup for my preference, and her hair looked fake.
i didn't want to date her, so i told my manager i'd only go out with her in public a few times.
he wasn't too happy about it, but he finally agreed.

grace's point of view
"who's up for some karaoke?" i asked.
lauren had gone home, so it was just me, dustin, maddy, and chase.
dustin raised his hand. "i'm down, that's where it's at." (a/n lol i'm sorry i had to do that)
i took a deep breath, i didn't wanna mess up in front of him.
"alright what son-"
my phone buzzed loud as hell, and i suddenly regretted having it out on the table face up, where maddy and dustin could read it.

josh 💛

why the hell aren't you home? are you out cheating on me? come home right now.