part 3 ☆

song for the chapter ➵ Love me or leave me alone by dustin lynch

home.
kind of ironic for me, because you're supposed to consider it a safe place.
a place where you cherished memories with the one you love, and maybe even a family some day.
you're not supposed to fear your home or your house, you're supposed to want to go home after a long day of work.
you're supposed to get a chipper greeting from your significant other, like what happens in the movies.
i'm supposed to feel "protected" at home.
however, it's probably one of the places i fear the most.
here i was, walking through the front door of my house where i didn't even want to be, or feel safe there.
my boyfriend of two years was walking in the door in front of me, and the whole car ride home i had known i was gonna be in so much trouble.
you know when you're a kid, and you do something like throw a tantrum at a family party? and one of your parents says "you're gonna get it when we get home." you feared that moment the most.
that's what i felt like, as josh grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the wall, i was definitely gonna have a bruise there.
"you little slut. you know you only belong to me, right? i saw they way you were looking at him. don't you dare even think about it. that's not okay, and i won't allow that. do you hear me?" he practically yells.
i nod my head and my lip quivers in my fear.
here we go again.
i feel the sharp stinging sensation of his hand across my cheek; not a foreign feeling.

dustin lynch's p.o.v.

grace adna.
yeah, i had known about her.
she was famous on youtube for posting covers, and she had only released one song.
that song was so damn amazing, and her voice was gorgeous.
her friend maddy didn't even have to show me her picture today, because i definitely knew who she was.
i was so excited for her to come and watch me perform, definitely a bit nervous, though.
she was crazy talented, and no doubt the most beautiful girl i'd ever lay my eyes on.
when she showed up with that guy, i was so disappointed.
i could tell they didn't have a very good relationship, and there was something very strange about it.
something about that guy was off, and i could tell that everyone at the table knew that.
grace is my inspiration.
i've needed someone like her, and now i can write my songs about her.
i'm gonna wait for her, but not in a rushed way.
i won't be that creepy guy who's obsessed with a girl who has a boyfriend, but i definitely know she's special.
i looked down at my paper and pencil, repeating the few lines i had scribbled down on a piece of paper in my head.

i first laid my eyes on you
from the front of the crowded room
it was the tenth of september
you're probably shocked i remember

it was so easy to write about her, because she was overall amazing.
i was looking forward to getting to know this girl better.

grace adna's p.o.v.

i was currently lying in bed, although it hurt to even do that.
luke and i has definitely got in a fight, and i was sure he was out somewhere drinking.
he had hit me multiple times, and i had a few cuts and bruises.
i took care of them before i did anything else.
i was bored as hell and there was nothing good on tv, so i decided to pick up my phone and open instagram.
realizing i hadn't posted anything on instagram or a cover on youtube in a while, i decided to post an old picture on instagram then film a new cover.
but since dustin wouldn't leave my mind, (i knew he could treat me way better than josh) i decided to see if he had an instagram.
i found his account and came to the conclusion that he was already following me, so i decided to follow him back.
i posted my picture real quickly.

dustinlynch, maddy_clark, and 10,567 others liked this postgraceadnaxo: hold me or just let me go

graceadnaxo: hold me or just let me go. 💫

i decided to cover the song "obsessed" by dan + shay, then uploaded it to youtube.
once i was done, i put my phone away and decided to call it a night.

please vote! feedback is 100% welcome & appreciated (: