Sweet Laurie Darling

After painful screaming and caterwauling I sit red faced and quiet in my hospital bed. I look down at my sleeping baby girl. She's as quiet as I am. The both of us just stare at each other. My baby with my eyes... I can't believe this!
"Hey little one. I can't believe I made you. I brought you here. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." My baby gurgles her response and smiles.
"Yeah welcome to the world. It's crazy." I whisper and kiss her forehead.

A knock at the door reveals Dr Reins, Blake (who surprisingly is Dr Reins nephew), Dr Kruger and Vince.
"So I guess it's time then huh?" I ask.
Dr Kruger takes up my one side and Vince takes up the other. Dr Reins smiles at Blake and pats him on the shoulder.
"Julie. Sorry Juliana, well the father of your baby is..."
"Sorry to interrupt but Juliana are you sure you really want to know?" Dr Kruger says.
"Well of course I do."
"That and I need to know," Vince chips in.
"Can't take the suspense anymore huh?" Blake retorts.
"You already know so come on out with it," Vince pushes.
"Will it make a difference? I mean does it change anything. You've made your choice haven't you?" Dr Kruger glances from me to Vince.
"No it won't but I still wanna know," I say.
"Ok then the father is... Drum roll please?" Blake smirks enjoying dragging out the suspense.
"Blake I already know the results and I'm getting stressed here." Dr Reins gives Blake a small slap on the head.
"Geez ok ok! The father is Vince." The weight of the words hit me and tears of joy fill my eyes. Vince beams and kisses me and our baby.
"Woah so I'm officially a dad now?" Vince asks.
"Yes," Blake nods and they shake hands.
"You're not upset?" I ask Blake.
"Nah some part of me always knew I guess. I'm happy for the both of you."
"I'm a dad."
"Thank you for being there and taking care of us," I gesture to my baby and myself.
"Don't mention it. It was fun while it lasted." He smiles.
"I'm a dad!" We all turn to glare at Vince.
"Yes boy would you like me to tattoo it to your arm so you'll remember?" Dr Reins says rolling his eyes.
"Congratulations you two," Dr Kruger hugs us both.
"You know both of you were still great in taking care of us and Blake even though you're not the biological father I still wanna have you as part of my baby's life. If that's ok with you?"
"Of course!" He says unable to contain his excitement.
"Will you be her godfather?"
"Yeah I will." He says.
"So what's her name?" Dr Kruger asks and it gets me thinking for a moment.
"You name her Sweets," Vince says playing with her tiny fingers.
"I'll call her... Laurie."

[Years later]

[Years later]

"Where is she?" Gran taps Danae on the shoulder.
"Dressing room still I think. They needed to fix her lipstick." Danae guides Gran to the back room where the makeup artist dabs my lips with a tissue.
"Well don't you look absolutely gorgeous!" Danae gives me a hug and I'm glad we made up all those years ago.
"Such a vision!" Gran claps her hands.
"What's a 'vision'?" Laurie says tugging at Gran's pantsuit.
"So curious just like your mother." Gran laughs.
"Can't argue with that," Danae smiles.
"Hey!" I join in their humor.
"Are you ready?" Gran says suddenly all serious.
"Yes!"
"Here's your flowers Mommy," Laurie hands me my bouquet.
"Thank you Angel." I hug her tight.
"Let's go!" I get up and follow the girls to the door. I'm finally ready. After years of him asking and asking; I'm ready to become Mrs Winters.

And so ends our story! I hope there aren't too many Blake fans that got hurt❤️

And so ends our story! I hope there aren't too many Blake fans that got hurt❤️. The next chapter will be a bonus chapter. Thanks for reading SJD! If you enjoyed this story pls check out some of my others: 'Stealing Love's Heart: A Siren's Tale' and 'The BOY'.