ONE - THE ALPHA

WHEN the last person exit the office, Braille pushed the button in the remote control so that the curtain veiling the glass wall beside her lifts.

From the glass wall, the tall buildings can be seen since her office is at the penthouse of the Wilson Builders Inc. Her company owns the building where her office resides.

Currently, Braille is the CEO of Wilson Builders Inc. She got the position from her father. Her younger brother, David, is the head of Contracts and Resources department. The position is suited for him since he finished law a couple of years ago.

It is not only the position company that Braille inherited from her father but also the position in the pack. Yes, she is a werewolf. An alpha rather. She is the current alpha in Moon Howlers Pack.

She inherited the alpha position together with the company about seven years ago. She could have the alpha position when she reached 18 years old but she told her father that she wants to finished her degree in college first. Her father, Alpha Brandon, accepted the said favor from her.

Three years after that, Alpha Brandon introduced her to the pack as the new alpha. Six months later, the CEO position in Wilson Builders Inc was given to her.

It was not common in werewolf packs to have a female alpha but it does not mean that there is none. The Moon Howlers pack sticks to the rule that the first borne should inherit the alpha title regardless of the gender.

Alpha Brandon might be a very strict alpha and a parent but he is supportive. He wanted the best for his children and the pack. He imposed disciple to every member of the pack.

In this regard, it was easy for Alpha Brandon to accept Braille when she told the family that she was gay. However, he did not go easy on her when he started to teach her the ways of the pack and the management of the Wilson Builder Inc.

"Alpha, your 2 o'clock is here."

That was Carl Davis, her secretary cum personal bodyguard. He is a sentinel. They were of the same age and they went to the same school in college. Since he was her bodyguard back then as an alpha's daughter, her father decided to enroll him in her school with the same degree and exact same schedule so that human will not noticed that he is following her.

"Thank you, Carl. Send him in."

He bowed a little before leaving her. A couple of minutes later, her meeting with another client started.

It was late in the evening when Braille decided to go home. Carl went home a couple of hours ago. It was a battle of debate before he agreed to leave her. That was only when she used the name of his mate, Annika, before he was persuaded to finally leave her alone.

A mate. That was one thing that Braille is not bless with. As a werewolf, anyone has a destined mate given by the goddess, the mother of all werewolves. A mate is the person that a werewolf will love for a lifetime. It was person that will be your world. The person that a werewolf would considered his or hers alone. Destined only for you.

Once a werewolf reached the age of 17, he or she can already recognized his or her mate. Braille met hers when she was 19 years old. It was summer. It was the time that she has to go home for a break from university.

Quinn was a part of the pack. The girl was a couple of years younger with Braille.

It was immediate when they met. They recognized they are mates. No one question the will of the goddess. It was a blessed summer for the both of them. They both agreed to communicate regularly since they have to deal with separation. Braille has to leave for university and Quinn is in her last year in senior high school.