Chapter 9

"Thank the Lord he found you," the Beta Female gasped as I set my foot out of the dark SUV.

The ride back had been silent, with Blake pretending like I didn't exist. For the first time since meeting him, it was easy to tell what he was feeling.

"Yes, and he brought Bob with him."

I still couldn't believe he took the Beta with him. It was common practice to leave the Beta in charge while the Alpha was away. So I had no idea what Blake had been thinking when he took the Beta with him as he went after me.

"Bob?" The human looked from me to her mate and then Blake.

Without stopping to explain I walked past her towards Blake's house. I was in no mood for idle chitchat or whatever she had in store for me.

Inside the house I made my way straight to the kitchen. I hadn't yet had a proper breakfast, and I was starving. While roaming through his fridge, I felt his dark presence enter the house. He didn't make a single sound, but I could feel his intense stare on my back.

Hoping he would just let it go, I ignored him. The first thing I snatched was a carton of milk. I ripped it open and gobbled down the creamy liquid. While wiping my mouth on my sleeve, I tried to figure out what else I was feeling like. Maybe some steak? Or jam?

I didn't get to chose between the two, as the fridge was snapped shut right in front of my nose. A strong hand on my shoulder spun me around, forcing me to face the stony look of my mate.

He stood so close to me that there was barely an inch of space left between us. Normally I would have shoved the person away in disgust, but for once in my life I didn't mind the proximity. This made me more nauseated than anything else possibly could.

"Why did you leave?" His voice was calm, while his stormy eyes expressed the true struggle of emotions he was going through.

For a second I contemplated telling him the truth. About the attack on my pack and my mother's abduction. How I needed to find her.

However, I wiped the thought away as quickly as it came. No way was I going to tell him any of that. I didn't need his nor anyone else's help for that matter. I could rescue my mother on my own.

"I escaped because I wanted to." It was the only explanation I was going to give him.

His eyebrow twitched at my words. "And why did you want to escape?"

"Because I can do whatever the hell I want."

"No. You. Can't." He spoke each word through gritted teeth. "You're my mate and the Luna of my pack. You belong here and nowhere else."

He moved one of his hands so it was resting on the fridge next to my head. It was close enough for me to feel the heat radiating off his skin.

Despite my initial reaction I grew uncomfortable with his proximity. I had been this close to many males and females before, but it had always been in the heat of a fight, never outside of training. I wasn't sure if I liked it.

"No, I don't. I can do whatever the hell I want. I'm a free wolf and —"

My words were pushed down my throat, as he molded his lips onto mine, softly moving them against mine. The simple kiss robbed me of all intelligent thinking.

Sparks flew anywhere he touched me, making an involuntary shiver run down my neck. He moved his hand to the side of my jaw, keeping me in place.

"Kiss me back."

Even in the midst of such an intimate occasion he dared to order me around. I wanted to push him away and introduce him to my right hook.

However, the moment his lips landed back on mine, my thoughts stopped working. This time his lips were softer and slower. Without intending to my own lips began to move. The hands I intended to use to push him away, grabbed fistfuls of his shirt, making me felt like I was holding onto for dear life.