Tourney

The two Villain Kids entered onto a large field. They were given some practice gear to use for their tryouts. "Why are we doing this again?", Carlos asked as he confusingly looked at the shield.

"Well Fairy Godmother wanted us here, Ben wanted us here as well, plus it'd be good beating these Auradon Prep Boys at their own game.", Jay smirked.

     Carlos realized Ben was on the team and maybe that alone was incentive to do good. The coach walked past the field. He motioned to Carlos. "Hey! Get off the Kill Zone!", he ordered. Carlos looked even more confused. What kind of Goody Goody Sport has a kill zone?
     They practiced drills. Jay was a natural. Carlos was not. Chad tried focusing his aggression on both the boys but Jay could hold his own so he settled for just Carlos. Anytime he pushed or tackled Carlos down, Chad found himself being targeted by Ben. Carlos wasn't sure if it was coincidence or if it was on purpose but he was thankful either way.
     More drills ensued. Carlos was a sweaty shaking mess. During one of Chad's pushes, Carlos landed right on top of Ben. The two were both frozen. Carlos knew his cheeks were beat red. He couldn't tell if Ben's were too. "Sorry...", Carlos gasped out.

"It's okay. Are you hurt?", Ben asked.

"No, are you?", Carlos asked back.

"Not at all. You're as light as a feather.", Ben asked.

     He demonstrated this by placing his hands on Carlos' hips and lifting him up off of him and to his side on the ground. He then positioned his arm on the other side of the smaller boy so he was above him and then propped himself up to his feet. Ben then offered Carlos his hand. Carlos grabbed it and was pulled up.
     The two of them took a minute to look at each other. Really just take in all their features. Then Chad came barreling back towards them breaking their concentration.
The tryouts ended and the boys all lined up in front of the coach. Jay had made it in no problem. Carlos wasn't as lucky. Carlos didn't want to be on the team but he wanted to stay close to Ben and it was nice having Jay there too. "Please let Carlos on the team. I'll work with him Coach.", Ben pleaded.

"Okay, but if there is no improvement, he is cut!", the Coach said.

"Carlos...meet me at the field tomorrow. Okay?", Ben said putting his hand on Carlos' shoulder.

     Carlos just nodded and couldn't wait...