Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Annalisa was paralyzed in fear. She wanted to run as far as her legs could take her, but for some strange reason she couldn't move. This could possibly be the worst time to go into shock. Good job Annalisa..

Annalisa squeezed her eyes shut as she waited for the masked creature to harm her. After a few seconds passed, Annalisa hesitantly opened her eyes and was shocked find that to the creature was in the process of transforming into a human being. A male specifically.

"Slade? What are you doing here? What just happened?" Annalisa fired question after question to him. She was so confused. What is going on? For a second, Annalisa was afraid that Lucius was coming to get her again.

Slade lifted his head and made eye contact with her, his long black hair devilishly highlighted his handsome features. "I came down here to rescue you. Lucius banished you to the limbo. Which is a fancy way of saying he threw you to the underworld's lion den. I'm surprised you've lasted so long," Slade murmured thoughtfully, his all black suit assisted in concealing him in the darkness of the cave. Annalisa hated to admit it, but she was glad to see a familiar face. She was terrified that was she going to killed or worse.

"I'm still confused what was the creature I saw? Does this mean I'm off his radar?" Annalisa asked, her voice full of hope. Annalisa crossed her fingers and recited a prayer in her mind. God please let me be free..

Slade gently grabbed her elbow, pulling her next to him as they began to maneuver around the cave. "What you saw was my demon form..I couldn't risk coming down here in my human form it would've brought unnecessary attention. To answer your question..it's a bit complicated." His voice faltered a bit as he dropped his hand from her elbow. Annalisa caught a glimpse of his face out the corner of her eye. He looked on edge and that put Annalisa on high alert. She could forget that she was in a dangerous place. Any demon or monster could pop out at any moment.

Annalisa couldn't believe that was Slade's demon form. He looked absolutely terrifying. I have to keep in mind that his man is not human.

"How it is complicated?" She inquired as they continued down a darkened pathway that had various bugs and spiderwebs decorating the cave. Her voice was low, but it somehow echoed off the walls.

"Technically, you are free from the underworld and from Lucius. The only problem is that because you've been soul tied to him. It will be harder to make sure that Lucius or any of his minions doesn't come after you. You have a unique scent that displays your former status to him and if they get a whiff of that you'll probably be taken again," Slade explained with a frown. Annalisa's face fell and she wanted to let out a cry of frustration. Annalisa mentally shook her head. Before I give up I have to explore all of my options. It has to be a way out of this.

"Is there anyway I can avoid that? By masking my scent or hiding somewhere that he can't find me?" Annalisa asked with wide hopeful eyes. The thought of being completely free is something I want to obtain no matter what I have to do..

Slade looked thoughtful for a moment then stopped completely, Annalisa followed his lead. They stood in the middle of the walk way, not a single noise could be heard. "Your birth parents are well associated with a particular enchantresses coven that can provide you with Siberian Irises. It's a holy flower that can mask your scent if you consume it every full moon. The Siberian Irises is owned by the Bloodhound Enchantress coven."

"Who are my birth parents? Where is this coven located?" Annalisa knew she was asking a lot of questions, since she's been in the dark for long she had to voice them. Plus, it seemed like he had all of the answers. Annalisa still didn't trust Slade, but at the moment he's the lesser of the evils she's encountered.

"Your birth parents are evil people Annalisa. They murder, kidnap and torture people for money. It's best that you stay far away from them. They will only harm you or sell you to the highest bidder.." His voice was firm and unwavering. Annalisa couldn't help the tinge of sadness that resonated within her. Annalisa would have loved to meet her real parents but it seemed like that was never going to happen. What did she expect? They did sell her off to the most evil demon..why would Annalisa think they would be any different now? If they loved her even a little bit they would've never sold her to begin with or at least they would try to find her after all these years.

"The coven is located in Romania. Luckily, the limbo suppressed your scent for approximately 96 hours so we would have to move quickly before it wears off." Slade added as they reached a black door with gold lining that had no door knob present. Annalisa stayed quiet as she absorbed all the new information. For the first time in a while, a soft smile etched on her features.

Slade retrieved a metal stick from the inside of his suit pocket and lightly tapped it against door. The metal rod lit up into red flames momentarily then it stopped.

The door eased openly slightly, a blueish hue could be seen from the small crack. Slade turned to face her, his expression was grim. Annalisa swallowed hard.

"No matter what you hear. Do not open your eyes..do you hear me? Just hold onto my hand. This is the only exit."

Annalisa shivered slightly. She didn't know who they were or where they were about to step into, but Annalisa hoped it would be quick. "I understand," She nodded slowly as she tried to calm her nerves. She wanted to get this over with so she can get back to her normal life.

Slade shrugged off his jacket and handed it to Annalisa. "You're going to need this. It's going to get chilly. I highly doubt that will keep you warm," He gestured towards her torn black tank top and her dirty, blood stained blue jeans. She quickly zipped up his jacket and tried her hardest to not dig her nose in the fabric. Damn since when did he start smelling so heavenly?

Annalisa snorted internally at her choice of words. Yes, because heavenly is the right word to describe him after he shape shifted into the devil incarnate not too long ago.

Mentally shaking her head, Annalisa cleared her rampant thoughts and focused on the task at hand. Annalisa carefully closed her eyes. Soon after, she felt Slade's calloused hands slide into hers. Annalisa tried to ignore the butterflies that danced in her stomach over the gesture. Oh Annalisa get a grip..he's still the same man who has been an asshole to you all your life, has betrayed you and is a whole demon. Did you forget that?

She tightened her hand around his as she took her first step out of the door. The first thing that caught her attention was temperature. It was very cold. The wind whipped at her long blonde hair and the cold air nipped at her exposed skin. She shivered violently as she followed blindly after Slade. Her teeth chattered uncontrollably and Annalisa was afraid she would bite her own tongue off.

"Annalisa? Help me.."

Annalisa furrowed her eyebrows at the distant voice. She decided to ignore it, but it only became closer and closer to her ear. Annalisa was sure that Slade couldn't possibly hear what she did.

"Please help.."

Annalisa almost stopped in her tracks. It couldn't be..? This must be a trick. How is he here? What..?

"Dad is that you?"