Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Annalisa held her breath as a dark figure slithered into their dungeon. Next to her Slade froze. Annalisa watched with wide terrified eyes as it came closer. Without meaning to she shifted closer to Slade as if he could protect her. Fear clawed around in her system as her heart pounded against her ribcage. Annalisa didn't want to die. She wanted to find a way out of here.

What she saw, she didn't expect. Annalisa was expecting to see another one of those horrific creatures but instead she saw a man.

The man was young...no older than she was. He was very beautiful...almost ethereal with long black hair that reached his shoulders and unique silver eyes. He had chiseled cheekbones and a muscular build. He wore an all black suit that stretched across his muscled chest and made his smooth pale skin stand out. Also, he had such a powerful aura around him that it made her cower back slightly.

He was also just so beautiful...Annalisa help but gawk at him. She didn't even know how men like him existed. His beauty was out of this world. She wasn't the type of girl to be dazzled so easily by a good looking man so he had to be something special. She snapped out of her daze when he spoke. "Stand up!" He ordered. Even his voice was so smooth and deep. How can someone be so perfect? She couldn't find one flaw.

His hard grey eyes burned a hole through her. She wanted the ground to swallow her up whole.

She scowled at him as she crossed her arms over her chest defiantly. Before she could even blink he was right in front of her. He gripped her arms so tightly that her blood actually stopped flowing. He yanked her up harshly and he hissed in her ear. "I told you to stand up." She shivered as his cold breath caressed her skin. How is that possible? He can't be human.

She gritted her teeth as pain erupted in her abdomen from the wounds the monster from earlier inflicted. Letting out a shaky breath she wobbled slightly on her feet.

She heard a slight movement behind her. She was praying that Slade was smart enough to try not to challenge this man. Despite, his angelic beauty....something about him made Annalisa very frightened and wary. She didn't know what he was capable of. She didn't want Slade to be hurt because of her.

The man slowly circled around her like a wolf would do it's prey. Her heartbeat sped up as she felt him stop behind her. She wanted to turn around and face him, but her limbs wouldn't move. She glanced to the side and saw Slade watching the scene with a hard scowl, his fists were clenched as he narrowed his eyes at the man.

She discreetly shook her head. "No." She mouthed to him. She couldn't let him interfere, his face softened slightly as he nodded.

The man made her quiver in fear, his entire atmosphere made her shiver. He was so cold. She froze when she felt a sharp object run down the length of her neck. She realized that it was a long black claw. He applied enough pressure to made her skin break. She winced in pain, she could feel blood trail down her neck.

Annalisa had enough of this. She tried to move her legs but she realized that she couldn't. Not because she was scared, but because an invisible force was preventing it.

Her eyes widened as she started to panic. She tried to open her mouth to scream, but realized she couldn't do that either. She was completely helpless. She knew it was because of the man behind her. He was the reason why she couldn't move.

She couldn't control the fear that was beginning to suffocate her. She wanted to be far away from this man. She wanted to get away. Disgust rolled in the pit of her stomach when she felt his tongue lick away the blood running down her neck. "I can already tell you're going to be delicious. I've waited twenty two long years to get my hands on you." He whispered cruelly in her ear.

All color drained from her face.

Annalisa's blood ran cold as those words echoed in her mind. That must mean...Oh my god, it's him. It's h-him...

Annalisa began to hyperventilate because this was man...No this demon is the one her father was speaking of. This was the demon that had her father shaking with such fear. Now she can see why...before he even did anything. She could feel the evil rolling off of him in waves.

Tears blurred her vision, now she would never be free. She didn't even have to chance to run before he found her. She didn't know what he had in store for her but. She knew that she wouldn't like it. She tried to blink back the tears before they could fall.

Suddenly, he was standing in front of her. His hard eyes roaming all over her face with a glimmer of fascination like he never seen a human before. She watched him reach out and yank the locket from around her neck with ease and placed it in his suit pocket.

Since she was still frozen, it took great difficulty over to look over to where Slade was, her eyes slowly gazed in his direction.

Horror shot through her and tears filled her eyes. When did he even have the opportunity to hurt him? I didn't even see him go over there. What did Slade do to deserve that?