Villain Family Day

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

The next day the villain kids are back in remedial goodness class as Addy is checking on them.

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Thursday is family day here at Auradon prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," Fairy Godmother explains before walking to the front of the class where there is a tv. She turns it on just for Maleficent's face to be covering the screen.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent says as she backs up to reveal Jafar and Cruela on either side of her with the Evil Queen behind her.

"Kids!" Fairy Godmother calls causing them to go stand behind her. Jay holds his hand out to Addy which she gladly accepts as she stands beside him, giving him the support he needs.

"Is it...is it... is...Press enter. Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip..." Maleficent says before she stops.

"Oh! Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful," The Evil Queen says. "Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent says causing the Evil Queen to send her a glare.

"Ooh! Who's that girl looking like a princess?" Jafar asks as he sees Addy.

"She's the daughter of Cinderella," Fairy Godmother says as Jay stands in front of Addy.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruela asks as they finally notice Fairy Godmother.

"This is fairy godmother," Mal answers in warning.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asks her.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," Fairy Godmother corrects.

"You really couldn't give cinderella till one A.M.?" Maleficent asks. "I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice!" Fairy Godmother corrects again and Addy pats her on the shoulder. "They were not... they were mice. They were not...They were mice." Fairy Godmother moves beside the tv and Mal steps forward.

"Hi, mom," Mal says.

"Mal! I m-m-miss you," Maleficent finally gets out.

"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar says.

"I got it," Maleficent tells him. "How long must mommy wait to see you?"

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up," Mal answers. "I think sometime probably after... that."

"When?" Maleficent asks.

"Friday, 10 A.M," Jay answers ready for this talk to be over with.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much," Maleficent says as she struggles not to reveal anything. Addy looks at her confused but doesn't question it.

"Yes, I completely understand, mother," Mal says.

"Carlos, is that a dog?" Cruela asks finally noticing Dude and getting up close to the camera. "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."

"He's the perfect size for a pet," Carlos argues as he steps forward.

"Oh!" Cruela says shocked that he is fighting back.

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!" Carlos says causing Cruela to move away from the camera. Addy smiles as Carlos chooses not to be like his mother.

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar says as he laughs.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruela says.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones," Jafar argues.

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors," Cruela argues back.

"Enough!" Maleficent says before Jay turns the chat off.

"I'm so sorry," Fairy Godmother says.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay says.

"Of course," Fairy Godmother says before they walk away to grab their stuff.

"I'll see you later," Jay tells Addy before sending her a wink.

That night the VK's all met up in the boys room to go over their plans.

"Okay, we all know what this looks like," Mal says as she points at the wand she had drawn. "So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and We'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony. Okay. Carlos?"

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand," Carlos explains.

"Perfect. Evie?" Mal says.

"Yeah?" Evie asks.

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light," Mal explains giving her a potion. Jay sits beside Mal as they look at an anti-love spell.

"M? J?" Evie asks causing them to look at her. "You want to break Ben's  and Addy's love spells?"

"Yeah. You know, for after," Jay answers as Evie sits beside Mal.

"I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me and Addy still being in love with Jay just seems a little extra... cruel," Mal explains before she grabs the spell book and they head for the door.

"M? J?" Evie tries but they leave. Carlos and Evie have trouble trying to go to sleep. Carlos rolls over and pets Dude and Evie takes out the test that she made a B+ on. Mal lets Jay know that she has the spell handled so he goes back to his room. He stops as he sees his MVP trophy and a picture of him and Addy beside it.

"A million thoughts In my head

Should I let my heart Keep listening?

I know It's time to say good-bye

So hard to let go," Jay sings as a tear of sadness falls.