The Flushing

(POV : Alex)

-

My dad called me a fag today. I went to my room and pulled out my blade. But then I thought "whats the point?" If I didnt like when people hurt me , then why would I hurt myself? Amd then I thought again. Hurting myself will only push me farther away from the thing that made me feel happy , John. I just sat there holding the blade in my hand. I got up , walked to the bathroom and opened the toilet seat. And then I dropped my blade in the water and watched the blood from the last time I cut move off of the blade and mix in with the water. And then I flushed it. As it spun , you heard it scrape the walls on the toilet. And then it was gone. The next day , I sat with john on the bus again. I wanted to kiss him , but I was so confused as to where we are in this. He asked me if I wanted to go to the movie theaters. He wanted to see ouija. I asked my parents and they said yes. I was really excited to see a movie with him. Im just so confused , does he like me. Or is he being a good person? Is this a date , or are we hanging out? Everything is so confusing , but it doesnt matter. Were going to the movies together and I dont care what its for. I started to think of an outfit. I couldnt wear anything short sleeved so I picked out a flannel because I just like to be comfortable. I also wore a tight pair of jeans. I met up with him at the entrance. He was wearing a short sleeved red shirt with black stripes on it and a pair of fit jeans. We went in line to but the tickets , and then we went to buy popcorn. We finally made it to the movie room or whatever its called. We looked at all the seats and we chose to sit in the back where we can see everyone and everything. About 30 minutes into the movie is when I started to scream. This movie was honestly really scary. I got hungry , so I reached into the bag of popcorn only to meet with John's hand. I quickly pulled back , "sorry" I said. "Its fine" he replied. Everything after that was kind of awkward until he did something. He put his arm around me and I leaned in and looked up at him. He looked back at me , and got closer. He kissed me , but this time on the lips. My mind was full of fireworks. And for the rest of the movie all I did was lean into his arms until the very end. He is the person who changed my life. And for that I thank him.