Five.

Chapter Five.
Nyx's POV

My success in defying love has proved to be perfect, so perfect it'll marvel you. What a lie. My success is null. Even with the darkness in me it managed to pry itself in my said to be hollow chest and made home for one man.

I've fallen for a man not meant to be mine. I fell for a man not meant to be mine, hard. It was the most beautiful fall of them all, damned like Lucifer's fall from Heaven above.

At twenty one, I fell for a broken Alpha King with problems equal to Demeter's after told her daughter was stolen by the god of death. He was handsome like every other alpha mentioned, with a nasty violent wolf that accepted me before the rational man did. But he's not meant to be mine. He was not meant to be mine yet our paths met and almost became one. It was so swift he almost made me his reigning queen. Mother had to bring me back to earth using her magic for she thought he had used philtre on me. Our collision shocked the moon goddess herself.

I know King Kai like the curse that binds me to the night. That's why I wasted no time in responding to his ferocious and demanding kiss with the same zeal he surprised me with. We moved our lips against each other's longingly, knowingly.

He smells like the beach in winter after a long heavy rain has finished its weeping on the sand. I don't know how to word it, but he smells like the ocean. When we were both out of oxygen his lips left mine and went to my neck. He nibbled, licked and sucked. I'm sure I have a mark there by now. His movements became hurried and excited as moans threatened to escape pass my lips. I could tell by his hands touching everywhere and pulling my hair that he has missed me. When he squeezed my ass and rewarded me with a slap I knew that his wolf has taken control. I pulled him from my neck by tugging on his hair from the back of his head. At first he fought but he complied to my movements and looked at me. His eyes met with mine drawing a smile from my lips. "Hello to you too, my King." I greeted smiling at him. His pearly whites came out in what looks to be adoration, the ecstasy they hold like all the other days shone in them. He wanted to go to my lips again but I still had a strong hold on his locks halting him. "Sir, I want Kai back... Please." Our noses were close to each other, I couldn't help but rub his with mine.

"I thought you preffered me angel. The side that adores you the most."

"I need the man, not the animal driven by lust."

"Very well... But, I'd like one last kiss. Surely you've missed us like we did you." I increased the distance between us and pursed my lips at him. He took a step forward goading me back again. "Fine." He huffed rolling his eyes. At that, his eyes changed from his wolf's black ones to the man's original browns. The man smiled sheepily at me. "Someone's complaining in my head." His Asian accent fell on my ears sending my mind to the past. This man right here is a true king!

"You know, next time I'll claw your eyes off for surprising me like that." His hands snaked around my waist pulling me closer to his body. I wrapped mine around his neck with a smile spreading on my lips and inhaled his scent. "I'd like to see that, Alpha." A lot of females have confessed on the fact that the moment you meet your mate, another man's touch irks you. It's an oddity my animals are so calm after seeing their mate. Whatever mother gave me must be so strong.

I should stop saying that, it is strong.

"I didn't see you inside." He said snuggling deeper into my hair as I yielded to his embrace. I giggled feeling diziness seizing me as I brought my head from his neck. "I was hiding..." My lips fanned his making him raise a brow, he then heaved a breath taking my face into his hands. "Why were you drinking?"

"Me? I was not." The lie fell as it is in his ears, when he wanted to speak I grasped the moment by capturing his lips with mine. He didn't even put up a fight, he just growled in defeat and responded matching my pace. I smiled inwardly at my win. Not long into the kiss my back collided with the wall as he caged me. Bringing out my tongue it met with his which evoked a pleased breath from the both of us. My hands wrapped around his neck bringing him in, he engulfed me by his large body bringing a wave of comfort. I can feel the difference in his touch now, the good type of difference which makes me pine for more than I've ever wanted nor asked from him.