Prologue: The Vacation

4 years, 3 months, 5 days.

It was finally here. Why am I getting excited over here?!

4 years, 3 months, 5 days.

It has been quite some time since I to be able to do this. Argh!

4 years, 3 months, 5 days.

This is it, this is the moment that I am waiting for. Paphos, Cyprus, here we go!

These thoughts have been running inside the head of one Stella Canali, an Italian woman who just finished her undergraduate for English Language Studies, BA with honors before she hopped on a plane from Roma and headed to one place that she has been dreaming of about since her freshman year in college.

It has been a challenge to save the money for her graduation vacation as she had to work 3 part-time jobs just to get it into her savings. But of course, she did not tell her mother, Mrs. Canali who was a CEO of a very successful empire of beauty cosmetics, about this vacation that she had been planning for years to come.

Stella wanted to come with her best friend, Laura Conti, to this magnificent island that was rumored to be the place where the werewolves dwelled since Ancient Greece. But of course, she didn't believe in such a rumor.

That's just it. Rumors.

Maybe I met someone there and perhaps I lay with him for the first time, Stella mused as she was settling on the plane in the economy couch when she usually has a private jet to bring her anywhere she wanted.

But of course, she traveled with her mother and this was the first time that she will be someone that she was not born to be.

A commoner.

A normal person.

Not the next heiress in line.

Stella was putting on the classical music—old habits die hard—for she was looking at the island that was small enough down there. She was smiling from ear to ear before she heard the captain announcing something in the speakers.

"We will be landing shortly at Kato International Airport. The local time is 8 AM and the weather is nice and sunny. To the tourist, I want to say welcome to Cyprus, and our Cypriots, welcome home," the captain said.

Stella can hardly believe that she was getting ready for the next chapter in her life as she was looking forward to spending one week in Paphos as a single, free, normal woman, hoping that this will be an experience that she will never forget.

A few hours later, she was standing outside the airport as she had gone through customs and all that shit that she had to deal with when she was getting into one foreign country. Stella was looking at her passport before she was walking down to find a taxi to get to the hotel that she reserved for her stay.

"Hi, do you speak English?" she asked one taxi driver before he was nodding at her. She smiled before she was taking out the paper that she has printed out for the location of the hotel.

"Yeah, I can take you there but it will be quite expensive since it will be over 50 km. is that okay with you, miss?" the taxi driver asked before she nodded at him.

Then, she was off.

Stella was looking outside the window as they passed through the streets and buildings that were unique on their own. It was a sad tragedy that Cyprus was divided into two, the Greeks were conquering the east and the Turks were conquering the west. They have to draw a borderline in the middle which was controlled by the UN. It was a sad day for generations to come as they cannot live as one single, independent country.