Chapter 8: The Pain

Xavier ran through the dark forest but thanks to his Special's blessing, he can see through the dark. The locals called him and his pack werewolves. It was an insult but they took it as a compliment for the humans were never truly understood what they capable of.

Xavier changed back behind one of the trees before he took black sweatpants and ran toward the house as he can sense that his sister was acting up.

Please let her be okay. Please let her be okay! Xavier prayed before he went inside and saw that Sam was sitting in the living room with Luna Marina. They both turned to look at him before Luna Marina was nodding at him.

Xavier returned the gesture before Caleb, his best friend, was coming at him as the sympathy was on his face.

"What happened to her? She was okay when I spoke to her earlier," he said before Caleb was pulling him to the side, walking toward his sister's room.

"She found her mate," Caleb said before Xavier turned to look at him. This was supposed to be good news but why Caleb's expression was grim?

"That is good, right? What seems the problem then?" he asked before they went inside the room. His mother was soothing Diana but his sister... she looked different. There was no spark in her eyes like they used to and she was thin.

Rather thin compared to her happy face a few hours ago. How come she can be a completely different person in just a span of hours?

"What happened to her? Honestly, Caleb?" Xavier asked the Alpha before his best friend sighed. He rubbed his face before there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Xavier said before Sebastian was coming inside the room. He nodded at both of them before he went to check on Diana's pulse.

Sebastian might be an Ultima but he was also a doctor. And an officiator for a wedding ceremony. Seriously, this guy needed to calm down with his jobs.

After a while, Sebastian was nodding at his mother before he went to look at Xavier and Caleb. His heart was beating fast as he did not want anything to happen to his lovely sister.

"Well?" he asked before Sebastian focused his red eyes on Xavier and Caleb. The Ultima was known with their red eyes to acknowledge that they have the power to change a human into a werewolf. Not that Xavier was thinking about it recently. He was rather preoccupied with someone.

Someone that was entirely human.

Sebastian sighed before he was rubbing his temple before turning to look at Diana. Xavier was gripping his hands into fists before the Ultima was turning to look at them.

"She will be going mad with needs in a few days if she did not commit the consummation with her mate," Sebastian said before Xavier snapped his eyes to his sister to his friend.

"What do you mean consummate? Does she have to?" he asked before he was stepping slowly toward Sebastian. Caleb has to restrain him from wringing his neck.

"If not, she will go insane and there's nothing we can do about it if she was in that stage now," Sebastian said before Xavier was rubbing his mouth. Caleb listened to their conversation.

"Do you have any idea who her mate is?" Sebastian asked before Xavier turned to look at the doctor. His sister never told him that she had found her mate. He sighed.

"No,"

"Then, I suggest you find him fast before it gets worse," Sebastian said before he patted his shoulder. Xavier nodded at him before the doctor went out of the room and talked with his sister. They were taking their leave before Caleb turned to look at him.