Two

“She’s a bitch.”
“For someone with two wives, you know nothing about respecting women.” Nathan says to his twin brother who’s on the line.
“Respect is earned. Did Viper hire her?”
“Yep. She seems to have a soft spot for her.”
And you’re not worried? Have you forgotten she was lesbian until you and Randy happened?”
Nathan chuckles. “Have you forgotten how long it’s been? Besides, it was only because of her issues with her father. She’s pregnant with our third child need I remind you.”
“Mm but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Have you checked on Amo for me?”
“Haven’t seen her since the week begun. Things have been crazy on my side.” Nathan says feeling awful.
Ethan left with Lexy since they’re both lawyers while Amo remained behind and is looking after the kids. They have a combination of four, two with each. He only married Rosie after giving birth to their second child.
“And I thought I could rely on you. Come on man. I thought my kids were yours!”
“I’m really sorry man. I’ll check up on her after work.”
“Mxm”
He hangs up on him which makes his merely shrug.
******
Lisa arrives home at 7pm with a growling stomach and painful toes. The heels she wears to work are straining even when she spends most of the time seated. She prefers her fluffy slides instead of the heels all females are suppose to wear so as to look professional. It’s what the boss’s wife told her before hiring her. She walks barefoot to the fridge and takes in the contents. She’s barely had the new apartment for a week and hasn’t had time to do groceries. Things were better when she lived at home in the township with her mum since she was always welcomed by a home cooked meal. Now she has to strive for herself and being the lazy person she is, she never thought of learning how to cook. She’s been surviving on takeaways which coupled with her new decoder are the reason she can’t wake up on time. She’s too hungry to order anything so her resort is stale pizza and three half-eaten wings. She warms them up in one bowl and sits on her couch to eat. She lives in a beautiful one-bedroomed apartment with an open plan kitchen and lounge and a little patio on the balcony where her best friend, Thuso likes to force her to chill. Thuso is the one who helped find it for her since she stays a block away. They only get to spend time together on weekends since their jobs have them preoccupied during the week. She downs her dinner with a glass of dry red wine and calls it a night, hoping to be early tomorrow for a change.

“Oh, morning Monalisa. I see you’re earlier than me today.” Nathan says as he passes by her desk.
“Your coffee is on the table sir, just as you like it.” Lisa says with half a smile.
She’s not really a smiley person and always has a resting-bitch-face on. She grew up like that and everyone just accepted that she was sombre by nature. The aroma of brewed coffee hits his nostrils after he opens his office and he hopes for more days like this.
Since her ‘shift’ as she sometimes calls it hasn’t officially begun, she decides to call her mother. Oluhle didn’t mind her daughter staying at home after matric as she was figuring herself out. She’s her only daughter from three kids and her favorite since she’s her replica. She earns enough to sustain them and even told her when she decided to get a job that it wasn’t necessary. She didn’t stop her though and allowed her to pursue the working environment and wished her all the best.
“My baby!” Oluhle says on the other end sounding chirpy.
“Mummy, how are you?”
“I’m good baby, just missing you. How’s work going and have you found a man?”
“Work is good mum, I was early today for a change. I’m walking on thin ice with my boss.
“Is it a good idea for you to be on the phone? I don’t want you losing your job because I know you love making your own income.”
“Work starts at 7:30 mum so I still have some time.”
“Good. Do you at least have a crush?”
“No mum. I’m still recovering from Bonnie.”
“It’s been three months Mona!”
“Remind me again how long it took with dad.”
“Tommy erased every thought of your sperm donor darling.”
Lisa laughed. “Right mum. I have to go now, I love you.”
I love you too baby.”
The most challenging part of her job is taking minutes. It’s where she always makes mistakes prior from the tips, she got from Google regarding taking minutes. She’s sleepy most of the time during these meetings and has resorted to recording on her phone instead so she doesn’t miss anything. The meetings always drag longer than her endurance and there was even a time where she couldn’t hold back sleep. The others in the boardroom expected the CEO to fire her and were of course displeased to see her reporting for work the following day. They all wonder why Mr Willemse is so patient with her. Gossips goes through the grapevine with her name as topic and everyone has their assumptions. Some say the common, ‘she’s fucking the boss.’ and ‘he wants her’ while others are claiming she’s using muti. Lisa doesn’t know about these rumours since she keeps to herself in the company. She doesn’t have any friends there and has never thought of making them.
“Is Mr Willemse in?” asks Sofia from finance.
“Yes.” Lisa replies, not even looking at her.
“Are you kidding me? You should have told me to go ahead now little P.A!” she half-bellows.
Lisa lifts her head to look at her.
“Why would I do that when he’s not expecting you?” she calmly enquires.
“Fucking the boss has really made you bitchy. You think you can talk to me like that just ‘cause you sucking his dick? Bitch no. I need to speak to him now dammit! We losing money while you’re being this damn difficult!” she rants, even clicking her tongue.
What Sofia isn’t aware of is that Mr Willemse didn’t lock his door and it’s not entirely closed either.
“I believe you’ve said enough.” Nathan says standing by his door, clearly displeased.
The scowl on his face says it all.
“Mr Willemse I… I’m so sorry. I was uhm… just having a chat with the new girl and-”
“Go clear your desk Sofia. Monalisa, call the HR department and let them know there’s a vacancy in Finance. It’s internal.” He orders and retires to his office.
“You’re going to pay for this!” Sofia threatens with tears staining her face. “If I were you, I’d sleep with one eye fucken open from now.”