Eighteen

A/N: I apologise for the short chapter. I'm dealing with a lot right now which is hindering my creativity. I apologise in advance for the mediocre chapter. It's short too so sorry for that too.
_________________________
Lisa never thought making love could get any better until she met Ethan. It had been more than physical and so sweet like a slow dancing of their souls as they merged into one. She had bared herself to him, allowed him to own her body and soul and he had given the same right at her. Her favourite had been when she was on top of him in face-off position and how they’d kissed while she slowly rode him. In that moment, she could swear that time had stopped still. Now she is here, dwelling in the soreness which filtered her mind with last night’s events that also has her with a goofy smile on her face. Her heart palpitates at the thought and who knew that butterflies don’t only end in the stomach. She can still feel him inside of her and as she presses her thighs together, it’s almost like she can feel her insides clenching around his length. She has to tap her forehead so she can literally snap out of it. With a sigh, she decides it’s time to get off bed. The business conference is today, and she’d thought of changing her nails for the event.
“Way to ruin breakfast in bed,” Ethan says when he steps into the bedroom with a tray on hand with the said breakfast. Lisa has just put on a robe.
“I wanted to shower” Lisa says with a blush tinting her cheeks. He didn’t say anything that could have caused it but seeing him reminds her of last night’s events so she pretty much can’t help it.
“Go brush your teeth instead then we’ll shower together after this,” Ethan says and she goes to the bathroom and does exactly as he said.
Her phone rings when she steps out of the bedroom and frowns when she sees the caller ID.
On the third ring, she sighs then answers.
“Hey” Lisa says.
“Hi, damn it’s been a long time. How’s Durban? Your brother told me when I went to check up on you,” Thuso says excitingly. “You’ve been ignoring me”
“Work has been crazy” Lisa says.
“Work? So nothing about why we haven’t hung out in ages? I might start thinking I did something,” Thuso says, making Lisa sigh.
“You didn’t do anything and I’m sorry for not really having time for you,” Lisa apologises and the girl on the other end sighs.
“It’s fine. Take pictures for me and see you when you’re back,” Thuso says and hangs up on her bestfriend.
“What was that about?” Ethan asks as she moves to the couch he’s seated on.
“That was my best friend, she misses me,” Lisa says with no enthusiasm.
Things haven’t been the same between the two since she started doubting her. it all started with Bonnie having her number and after Lisa spoke with her mom, she started pulling away from her.
“Yeah. What’s with the attitude? Your face seemed uninterested”
She sighs. “I’m having doubts about her.”
“Why?” Ethan asks, surprising her with his interest.
“The friendship seems to revolve around me a lot and I guess it’s taken me too long to see that. We’ve been friends for years but in those years, we’ve spoken about me and none about her.”
“You seem like an introvert,” Ethan says, and she chuckles.
“I guess I am. I’m not much of a people’s fan to be honest. It’s probably why I don’t have friends at work.” Lisa says. “I’m cool with it though”
“People are fucked up. You never know who to trusts,” Ethan says and she nods in concurrence.
They finish up their breakfast then go on to have the shower, Ethan having had to restrict himself from pinning her against the tub. He knows she’s still a bit sore and doesn’t want to go pounding on her like a thirsty dog.
“I’m going to do my nails,” Lisa tells him, and he nods.
“Want me to come with? I could help choose a colour or something,” he says.
“Would you?” she asks, and he nods.
“I don’t see why not.” He says.
“It’s just… it’s in public.” Lisa reminds him but it seems there’d been no need for her to.
“So? It’s just nails Lisa. Unless you’re thinking of your boyfriend bumping into us,” Ethan says, sounding jealous.
“No, I’m not. I’d love for you to come with” she says gleefully.
“It’s going to be hard for me to keep my hands to myself though,” Ethan says, grabbing her butt cheek. She slaps his hand off.
“You’ll have to behave,” she scolds, and he snickers.
“No one tells me what to do Lisa, but it seems I’ll end up listening to you”
*****
She’s forgotten all about Bonnie and their shopping date. Ethan had been helpful with her nails and she even did five cornrows which is still earning her compliments from him. She went for pink ombre stiletto nails which were too damn long but he still can’t stop grabbing her hand.
“Is there anything that looks bad on you? I’ve never loved these satan nails but look at me now,” Ethan says and she laughs.
“Satan nails? You didn’t have a problem with this length” Lisa says.
“Because it suits you, just like the hair. Now I wish I could really claim you to the world because I want everyone to know you’re mine,” Ethan says with a sigh.
“You said we should be patient.”
“I know but I can’t help wishing things were different.” He says
“Me too”
The rest of the ride to the conference venue is silent. It’s being held in a conference hall of a prestigious hotel and the theme had been all black. Ethan looks slick in his all black tuxedo with no tie while his assistant looks marvellous in her black silk wrap dress. The dress reaches above her knees and she’s matched it with black red bottoms which she got from her first salary. Her makeup is on fleek and Ethan can’t get over the perfume she’s wearing. It has him planting kisses on her neck every once a while. The wrap dress has her neck exposed, a V-neck with long sleeves. The driver opens the door and he gets out first, Lisa following after.
He has to restrict himself from holding her hand and claiming her right there as they walk into the venue. Eyes turn to them. Some are wondering if the man is Ethan or Nathan while the men are wondering about the lady besides him. She’s already caught the eye of a few who’ve even forgotten its business and all for networking.
Ethan doesn’t let her get out of her side as the night commences, wanting her next to his hip.
“I need the ladies,” Lisa whispers to Ethan’s ear who turns his attention to her.
“Let’s go,” he says but she shakes her head.
“I’ll go alone,” she says and the man shakes his head too.
“You’re not doing that,” he says.
“People are already suspicious Ethan and there are cameras here. We both know this isn’t just business paparazzi” Lisa says.
“I don’t care Monalisa, come”
Ethan leads the way to the restrooms leaving Lisa with no choice but to follow him. He goes in with her, not caring that it’s the females and waits for her to finish up.