CHAPTER 18

MAANVI'S POV

It's been a few days that the project has started and it's been a bit busy lately as we have a new asst director coming today and he is the owner of one of the big companies of builders. I have been arranging all the blueprints we have prepared and today I have to also present it in front of the board directors. as I was arranging the files on the desk, Yash comes to ask something and what  I noticed is he has a very outgoing fashion style. he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. once he wore a printed shirt and some jeans. I don't think anything is wrong with that but seeing everyone in the office wears a shirt and formal pants, it weird to see him in jeans. and once he wore a t-shirt and jeans and stayed like that. Today he wore another printed shirt with some black jeans. 

Ishaan sir comes and calls us into the board room before everyone comes. these past few days I noticed that only Yash can make him smile ( only like a smirk) and only he doesn't get scolded if he crosses the line of mischief. the relationship between me and Ishaan is a little weird cause sometimes he is very nice and sometimes he just talks in his cold arrogant tone which I hate by the way. 

The meeting goes well and all the directors are also impressed with the work. After the meeting, we wait for the director to come. Yash comes to me to discuss something and while discussing the door opens and a person comes in and Ishaan sir gets up to greet him. He turns towards us " hello I'm Siddharth Mehra CEO of Mehra group of companies and ill be the asst director of this project. " he takes turns talking to each person and I'm next in line after Yash. As he comes near me I notice a Broche attached to his suit. 

FLASHBACK

{A/N: This happens after chapter 6 after she bumps into a stranger}

I go back to the coffee shop the next day. I felt very sorry for the stranger and I actually called one of the staff members who is my friend to him a free cup of coffee and I'll pay today. I go to the coffee shop and I meet my friend " hi did the person come I wanted to say sorry to him" she just smiles " he just left 10 mins ago and he thanked you for the free coffee . he is our VIP customer and he comes almost every day" I thank her and pay for the coffee " hi can you do me a favor ? can you give this to him. I feel sorry to have spoiled his suit." I give her a Broche which I designed myself. 

PRESENT

Siddharth sir notices me looking a the Broche. he smiles and says "I loved your gift. thank you " I look at him shocked "I'm very sorry that I damaged your suit on that day." " it's ok but I have yet to know your name,"  he says with a smirk on his face and from the corner of my eye I could see the other girls screaming silently. " hi I'm maanvi Gupta asst project director" I forward my hand and we shake and he holds my hand firmly and doesn't let it go. Ishaan sir clears his throat and immediately Siddharth pulls his hand back and goes to introduce himself to others. from beside me Yash whispers " how do you know this guy and you gave him a gift?" " Long story," I say and soon after the introduction, we go back to work.   

ISHAAN'S POV 

As soon as I  saw the photo I call Yash " are you an idiot Ishaan who call at 2 in the morning" Yash says in a sleepy voice. I just release that its 2 in the morning and I spent so much time staring at the picture. I cut the call telling him to come to my house tomorrow. The next day I get up early than usual and go to my house by 8 and Yash is already inside as he knows the passcode. I go and sit in front of him " do you remember the girl I told you about when I came to Cambridge?" he thinks for a while " is it the same girl you fell in love at first sight? and you had her tattoo on every textbook you had ."  " ya the same girl. I found this pic and she is there in the background of this pic" Yash sees the pic and rolls his eyes " how can you sure that it is the same girl. You can't even see clearly" I sigh " it's the same girl I'm 100% sure. look at the bracelet, it's the same one I have" I say and take it out of my pocket. Yash looks at it for a while and finally says " ok ill help you look into it and find out the girl for you." Yash calls one of your friends Dhruv as he studied in IIT Delhi. We go to the office as we have an important meeting.