11 Months and 24 Days Ago

11 months and 24 days ago:

I had no tears left to cry. Deep down, a part of me still can't believe that the love of my life, the only man I ever cared about, was dead. That I killed him. 

A knock sounded on my door. "I told you, Anna, I don't want my lunch!" I called.

The door opened, and it wasn't Anna, my maid, but Snow White. I looked up at her, with her midnight hair tumbling down her shoulders in waves, and dainty crimson lips striking against her creamy complexion. She certainly lived up to the title "the fairest of them all". Why am I even thinking about that? I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter. Beauty is useless if your loved ones aren't alive to appreciate it anymore.

I looked at Snow White again. The dark circles under her eyes were prominent, and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I wasn't the only one who mourned Casimir's death. "Hey, darling. How are you holding up?"

"You killed my father." She hissed.

I recoiled in shock. "What did you say?"

"You heard me. You cast a spell on everyone else so they would think otherwise, but for some reason your spell doesn't work on me. You killed my father."

"Snow White--"

"DON'T call me that!"

How could I be so stupid? Of course my spell didn't work on Snow White like it did on any other person. Snow White was not like "any other person". 

"Nixiann, listen. It's not what you think."

She held her hand up. "I don't want your stupid explanation. There are no excuses for what you did. You killed my father. You know, I thought that when you gave me pointless chores and reprimanded me for the silliest little things, you were doing it for my own good. And I loved you, you know. But now... I don't know what to believe anymore." Then she burst into tears.

"Oh, my daughter..." I started to wrap my arms around her, but she pushed me away.

"I am not your daughter!"

I stepped back from how unbelievably much those words hurt. She took advantage and fled.

My heart heavy, I stepped out the room and waved to one of the guards. I muttered a spell under my breath and he instantly fell under my control. "Find Snow White," I ordered, "And take her far away. Make sure I never see her ever again."

It's for your own good, darling.

I wiped away the wetness on my cheeks. Just a few minutes ago I thought that I had no tears left to cry, but I was wrong.