[8]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

the decision

Angeline quite liked Welton at times, even though most of her superiors saw her as a distraction. While her teachers saw her as inferior intellectually, Angeline's grades were soaring. While classmates saw her as just another pretty face, Angeline was looking upon them with disgust.

She had made herself comfortable under the tree in the middle of the courtyard, making it her own little spot to relax and do homework. At the moment Angeline laid flat on the ground, with her eyes closed, and her hair sprawled in the dirt. She listened to the rustling of the leaves above her, and disorganized chatter of the boys around her.

"Angie, sweetie! Is that you?" She rolled her eyes, and turned towards Charlie's voice. Her eyes focused on the small grouping of boys heading towards her, her friends no doubt. She sat up just as they reached her, leaning against the trunk of the tree.

"What were you doing laying in the dirt?" Pitt's question made her laugh. Angeline accepted Meeks's hand, and pulled herself off the ground.

"It doesn't matter? What's up?"

The boys looked around, and huddled even closer, if that was even possible.

"Dead Poets Society." The girl looked to Neil in confusion.

"The what?"

"The Dead Poets Society. A sort of group Mr. Keating was involved in when he went to school. They would pour over poetry and literature and books." He looked around at his friends.

"I say we go tonight." Words of disagreement were scattered throughout the boys, who all looked around at each other. Neil continued.

"I know where the cave is, it's just beyond the stream. I can lead us there." He smiles, and shakes his head in excitement. "Guys, come on! It'll be great!"

Angeline looks at Knox, who shrugs his shoulders. "I'm in." Charlie and Knox soon follow her lead.

"What about you Steven? You thinking on going?" The boy in question looks over at the girl, who seems to be staring straight into his soul.

"Yeah, I guess. I'll try anything once, right?" The girl smiles and grabs the boy's hand.

"That's the spirit!"