[24]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

the assembly

Feeling quite unmotivated, Angeline didn't have the will to go to class. Knox tried with all of his might to move the girl from her place in the bed, but with no avail. There she sat, staring out the window, watching as the wind blew the leaves from the several surrounding trees. The girl didn't look away from the window until there was a knock at the door, shaking her from her sort of stupor.

"Ang, it's me. Steven. I'm here to collect you for the assembly." The girl looked towards the door with a wary glance.

"It's mandatory Angie. You have to come out. If you don't want punishment at least."

There was a pause. "Please Angie. I just wanna see you, I know you've been avoiding me. Please, let's just talk. Just once. Please."

With a sigh, the girl moved from her position and walked towards the door. Throwing it open slightly, she nodded. "I'll be right out."

The pair started off silently walking to the assembly hall. It was obvious that Steven wanted her to make the first move. Keeping her eyes solely on the space in front of her, Angeline ignored the looks from the auburn-haired boy she knew were thrown her way.

"What's this assembly about anyway?" Steven sighed at the question, happy the girl was talking.

"Oh well Charlie placed an article in the Welton paper about the Dead Poets Society. If someone finds out it was us, we're all going to be expelled, for sure."

"Don't sound so upbeat. Sounds like you're wanting us to get caught." There was a sight amount of tease in the girl's voice.

Smiling slightly, the boy replied, "He just told us last night. You should have seen him Angie. Told us to call him Nuwanda."

"Of course he did something like that." The two shared a small laugh. The girl turned towards the boy, who started to fidget with his glasses.

"I'm sorry I've been ignoring you."

Steven reached for the girl's hand, taking it into his own. Squeezing slightly in return, Angeline tried to wish the sight tears in her eyes away.

"I just wish you'd tell me what's up with you. And why Knox seem to know as well? That doesn't seem fair."

The girl nodded her head, and nodded towards the assembly door they had approached. "After this, alright?"

Steven nodded, and opened the door for the girl. Both of them slid in and looked around for their friends. Sitting down to Todd, Angeline turned her attention towards Mr. Nolan, who was standing in front of the center podium.

"In this week of Welton's Honor there appeared a profane and unauthorized article. Rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out the guilty persons— and let me assure you I will find them— I'm asking any and all students  who knows anything about this article to make themselves known here and now. Whoever the guilty persons are, this is your only chance to avoid expulsion from this school."

The sound of ringing is heard, confusing many of the students, including Angeline. She sees Charlie stand up, and immediately rolls her eyes.

"This should be good," she mutters to herself. Todd throws his hands over his eyes.

"Welton Academy. Hello. Yes, he is. Just a moment."

Charlie smirks up to Mr. Nolan, raising the phone into the air.

"Mr. Nolan, it's for you. It's God. He says we should have more girls at Welton."

Angeline's groan was drowned out by the laughter of the other Welton students. Looking around at her other friends, she could see the same amount of disappointment run across their faces. The girl turned to Todd.

"Looks like the Dead Poets are officially dead. All thanks to big-dick-Dalton over there."

"Remind me to never make any friends again."

Angeline placed her hand on Todd's shoulder and lightly squeezed.
"Of course Walt Whitman." Flashing him one final smile, she bid the shy boy a small goodbye.

She stood up and began to close in on where Steven was sitting. The boy was sitting in one of the pews, waiting for her to make her way over. Waving slightly towards the boy, she smiled. As she walked over to the boy, she ran into Knox.

"I'm telling him, right now." Nodding slightly, mostly to herself, she watched as the Knox's face paled.

"Good luck, you'll need it."

A chill ran down her back. This was not going to end well.

don't forget to comment and vote! I would appreciate some feedback! and thank you guys for reading this far, it really means a lot!

y'all know whatever is coming next is not going to be good! get ready for a super long next chapter, it's been really building up to what is about to happen. the next chapter should be out in the next couple of days, hopefully anyway. like always, comment and tell me what you think i really would appreciate it! much love,

<<annie>>