✒XV

Diana

  "Why don't you say we run away?" he suddenly asks me and I tilt my head in confusion. He smiles at my gesture.

   He grabs my hand and pulls me in the castle. I feel my heart as every second pass when he holds my hand. I feel something electric. I never felt something so magical in my life.

   He leads me to the library. "Stay there," he tells me as he gets a book. He comes back with a white book with some golden finishes.

   "A little gift from the enchantress," he says as he opens the lock of the book. "A book that truly allows you to escape," he tells me before he blows the dust away. He carefully places the book in a book stand. "How amazing," I remark.

   "It was her cruelest trick of all, like the curse," he tells me. "The outside world has no place foe a creature like me," he sadly says.

   I place my hand above his hand and give him a sincere smile. He smiles back before grabbing my hand. "But it can for you."

   "Think of the one place you always wanted to see," he places my hand on top of the book. "Now find your mind's eye and feel it in your heart," he instructs me.

    I close my eyes and when I open them, I am back into my old home. "Where did you take us?" Adam asks me. "Paris," I simply reply.

   "Oh, I love Paris. What would you like to see first? Notre Dame or the Champs-Élysées? No? Too touristy?" he offers but I am too busy looking around.

   Our house was so small. I run to my room and see a small faded rose. Memories comes to me.

  "Mama! Papa!" I shout as I walk in the living room. I hold a rose in my hand. I suddenly see some weird people with mask. They push me towards my room. They lock me in but I keep banging on the door. "Let me out!" I scream desperately.

    Two days has passed and I am still in my room, starving to death. A woman opens the door and I immediately run to the living room. I didn't see my parents.

  "What happened to them?" I ask as I feel the woman's presence. "They are gone now deary," she answers me as she puts her hand on my shoulder. I grab her skirt and cry.

   "This is my old home," I say to Adam as we walks in my room. He looks at me in confusion. "My parents died because of the plague. I was sent on the orphanage when I was three. No one adopted me. So, on the age of eighteen, I moved to Villeneuve. I have been there for two years already. Maurice and Belle are the only family I have," I tell him my life story.

   I grab the small faded rose and begin to cry. Adam embraces me and I cry on his shoulder. "Take me back home," I tell him and he nods. I close my eyes and suddenly we are back at the castle.

   "Where would like to go?" he asks me and I say, "Anywhere. I just need something to get off my mind." He grabs my hand with a smile on his face before we walk to the ballroom. I look at it in awe.

   "Everything looks so beautiful. We should have a dance tonight," he says and I look at him, "I agree." He looks back at me with a surprised look on his face. I raise my brow.

    "See you tonight..."