✒I

✒Diana

   The sound of the rooster wakes me up. I toss and turn in my bed and I immediately groan. I'm still sleepy.

   Then the rooster crows again.  I open my eyes and say, "Alright! I'm up!" I stretch my arms and sigh, "Another day." I sit up from my bed and look around my lonely room. Oh my. I'm so lonely.

   I stand up and make my way to the bathroom. I turn on the faucet and wait for the water in the bucket to rise. Once it reached the brim, I take a quick bath. I sing to the tune of Maurice's music box.

"How does a moment last forever?
How can a story never die?
It is love we must hold onto
Never easy, but we try
Sometimes our happiness is captured
Somehow, our time and place stand still
Love lives on inside our hearts and always will..."

"Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone
But when all else has been forgotten
Still our song lives on..."

"Maybe some moments weren't so perfect
Maybe some memories not so sweet
But we have to know some bad times
Or are lives are incomplete
Then when the shadows overtake us
Just when we feel all hope is gone
We'll hear our song and know once more
Our love lives on..."

"How does a moment last forever?
How does our happiness endure?
Through the darkest of our troubles
Love is beauty, love is pure
Love pays no mind to desolation
It flows like a river through the soul
Protects, perceives, and perseveres
And makes us whole..."

"Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone
But when all else has been forgotten
Still our song lives on
How does a moment last forever
When our song lives on..."

   After the warm bath, I walk back to my room. I look at myself in the mirror. My green eyes pop out from my wavy black hair. I smile at myself.

  I put my green dress to match my eyes. I sit on my bed again and finish the book I borrowed.

  After I finish it, I look at the time. I close the book and put it in my pocket.  I head to the door and breathe in before stepping outside my house. I look at the village clock and see it's a few seconds before eight. I smirk as the clock strikes eight.

   The window of Madame Christine opens and she greets, "Bonjour!" Monsieur Phil opens his door and says, "Bonjour!" Madame Feliza opens her window and hangs her towel. She looks at me and smiles, "Bonjour!" "Bonjour!" the patrols of the village wave at me.

    I wave back before heading to the bakery. "Bonjour Monsieur Mitch," I greet the baker. "Bonjour Diana. Would you like some bread?" he offers a fresh tray of breads. "One please," I grab one bread and toss some coins. I put the bread in my other pocket.

    Mister Jean waves at my direction. "Good Morning Monsieur Jean," I wave back. "Good Morning Diana," he greets me. "Have you lost something again?" I ask him as I see the searching look on his face. "I do believe I have," he says as he scratches his head. "Probably something. But I can't remember what," he says and I chuckle at his words. "It will come to me in awhile," he assures me and I nod in understanding.

   I head further into the village plaza. "Where are you heading Diana?" Stanley asks and I answer him, "I'm heading to Pere Robert to return his book and read another one." "It sounds boring," he tells me and I just laugh while shaking my head. They will never understand me. I love books.

   I grab the bread form my pocket. I grab a piece and start to eat it. "Good Morning Diana!" Tom greets and I wave a hello to him.

   "Bonjour!" Clothilde states and I smile, "Bonjour." "Where are you headed Clothilde?" I ask her. "I'm heading to buy six eggs. Is that too expensive?" she replies and I shrug, "I don't really know." "You? Where you headed?" she questions. "I'm heading to Pere Robert," I answer and she whispers, "As always." I heard it by the way. "Goodbye Clothilde!"

   I skip my way to the library. When I arrive, I knock on the door. Belle opens the door. "Diana! What a surprise!" Belle greets me and I smile, "Bonjour Belle." "Come in," she opens the door wide open. I go in and embrace her.

    "Ah! If it isn't the two lovely bookworms in town," Pere Robert says. Belle and I giggle. "What books do you like to borrow?" he asks ad he cleans the library. "I'll still have to finish mine," Belle states. I look at the book and my favorite book catches my eyes. "Guinevere and Lancelot. Good choice," Pere Robert says and I tell him, "It is my favorite book of all time."

   "Shall we go?" Belle asks and I say, "We shall."  I look at Pere Robert and thank him, "Thank you for the book Pere Robert. Good bye!" "Bon voyage," he bids farewell.

    "Where will we read?" Belle asks and I tell her, "At the fountain." "Good idea," she remarks. We walk in the plaza. People keeps on greeting us as we pass by. I hear them whisper on how strange and funny we are. I am not a funny girl. So does Belle. We are just different and unique.

    We sit by the fountain. We open our own books before looking at each other. I smile at her and she grins back. We read our books and start our adventures.