✒XIV

✒Diana

   At lunch, Adam sits beside me. He was about to slurp his soup but he looks at me. I grab my bowl and sip it. He watches before following me too. We stare at each other before glancing away.

   Then after lunch, we walk outside again. The snow starts to fall down. I laugh happily and start to spin around. Adam watches me in awe.  

  I grab his hand and spin us around. We laugh in unison. I tag him and say, "You're it." "Hey!" Adam exclaims, "No fair!" And he starts to run after me. I run to the lake and start to slide.

  He follows to me and slips. I look at him with wide eyes. He doesn't move. "Adam!" I say in worry and start to slide in his direction. I check on him. He suddenly touches me and says, "You're it." "You're unfair!" I shout as I sit beside him.

  "You should joke something like that! You could have been seriously hurt!" I say with anger in my voice. "I'm sorry Diana," he apologizes as he sits up.

   I look at him and connect with his soothing blue eyes. I feel like it's just us. No one around us. Just the two of us. His eyes are like water, so full of life yet so uncertain. The blue carries his emotional currents, and before I could breathe I was drowning in his blue eyes.

  "Master!" I hear Lumiere's voice which cause me to look away. "Oh! I'm sorry Master. Did I disturb something?" he asks. I tell him and stand up, "Nothing Lumiere. You didn't disturb something."

   "Adam, I will just get some book on the library," I excuse myself. I slide, but slip on ice. "Diana!" Adam worries. I stop him with my hand. "I'm fine." I stand up and carefully walk away.

   I run to the library. I close the door and lock it. I think about what just happened. When he touches me, I feel something electric. Adam smiles, I involuntarily smile back. He glances at me, my heart skips a beat. Then when he says my name, I feel so special. When he looks at me with his blue eyes... Oh my! What am I feeling?

   A knock is heard on the door. "Who is it?" I ask. "It's Lumiere, Mademoiselle," Lumiere states and I let out a sigh of relief. I open the door and ask, "What is it?"

  "Master is worried about you. Are you alright?" he tells me. "Yes... I'm fine... Why does he worry?" I ask and he says, "You look scared awhile ago. Did he scare you? He says he is sorry." "No. No. No. No," I shake my hand. "I'm an not just feeling well," I try to reason out. "Then you must tell that to him. He is worried sick for you," Lumiere advices me. "Okay."

   I walk back outside and see Adam sitting on the bench, reading a book. "What are you reading?" I ask and he looks at me. My heart beats loudly. I hope he doesn't hear it.

  "Diana! Are you alright? I would do it again. I'm -" I interrupted him, "I was just not feeling well. Maybe due to my fall awhile ago. But I am fine now." He holds my hand and says, "I'm glad you're fine."

   I clear my throat and ask again, "What are you reading?" "Guinevere and Lancelot," he shows me the book. "That's my favorite book!" I exclaim and he says, "No way. Me too."

   Suddenly, we hear them laughing. "They know how to have a good time,"  I say and he tells me, "But, when I enter the room, laughter dies." "Me too," I state and he looks at me with a surprised expression.

  "How?" I curiously ask. "The village says that I am a funny girl and that is not a compliment." "I'm sorry," he apologizes.

   "You're village sound terrible," he remarks and I laugh. I don't why but when he laughs I feel so happy too.

   What am I really feeling...