Babysitting

CHAPTER 17.
Sarah's POV.

baby's smile is an antidote to melt your day's stress away.

∞∞∞

When I got home, I was literally dragging myself to the kitchen, I had no energy whatsoever. I walked and slumped down on the kitchen stool where my mother was already cooking something delicious.

"Oh, you're just on time I was just going to  stick up a note for you that I'm leaving." My mother served me food while saying all of it.

"So early?" I asked it was just 3:30 pm.

"Oh yeah I'm meeting up a client before and then Cheryl will come over by 5." She said while cleaning all the kitchen.

"Alright, mom." I said with my mouth full.

"How was your day in school sweetie?"

"It was fine mom, there are jocks who are assholes. They were picking up on a poor freshman for their chores." I spoke while she sat in front of me.

"Oh, that must be sad." Yes, my mother and I gossip about school a lot.

"No, it wasn't. Zack was going to save the kid but James beat him to it!" I told her smiling!

"Oh is he our neighbour, Foster?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Yes, mom he is the one!" I confirmed.

"Oh and tell Zack I haven't seen him in a while. Tell him to come to visit sometime!" She winked.

"Oh, whats with the winking?" I asked, washing my dish.

"Oh, nothing to worry about. Now I must go. Be good and take care of Cheryl. I love you, I might be late so don't wait to go to bed!" She said in a very authoritative voice.

"Yes, m' lady! I love you too mom. Anything else I have to take care of?" I snickered.

"No that would be all!" She laughed and went out of the door after kissing my cheek!

I sprawled on my bed relaxing for a bit and then changed to my comfy clothes that mainly consisted of a grey oversized top and blue shorts.

Before I could realise it was already 5 pm and my doorbell rang just on time.

"Hey Cheryl, hello Mel. It's so good to see you!" I hugged her.

"Be good to Sarah!" Mel said to her 6-year-old daughter. Cheryl was beyond cute and her energy is just amazing. She is someone who can be called as an energetic ball.
She giggled at her mom's instruction.

"Okay, mommy." She nodded her head letting her bouncy short hair fall on the side of the face.

"I love you! Bye sweetheart!" Mel waved her after kissing her on the cheek and hugging me again.

"Bye mommmyyy. Bye Mel!" We both sat simultaneously and waved at her till she was out of sight.

"Hey sweetheart, are you hungry?" I scooted down to her level eyeing her innocence after I closed the door.

"Can I get a strawberry milkshake with sprinkles?" She said swaying left to right.

"Can I get one too?" Zack showed up opening the door like it's his own home.
I turned around amused.

"Of course, make yourself at home!" I stick out my tongue at him only for him to do that to me and that caused Cheryl to giggle.

"Of course, honey! C'mon over I told her to follow.