Chapter 16

The circle came to a halt again and soon after, there was finally the click that signaled you could take your seatbelts off.

You stood up, forgetting that you were still holding Jungkook's hand, and accidentally yanked him from his seat.

"Sorry," you mumbled, taking your glasses off.

That was when the horror kicked in.

It turned out, it wasn't him you held hands with the entire time, but a complete stranger.

As the guy took his glasses off, you wished for earth to open up and swallow you whole.

"Oh my God," you mumbled, closing your eyes in embarrassment. "I am so so sorry. I thought you were-"

"Jungkook? I don't know who that is, but I sure hope you won't kill him," he joked and pushed his black locks roughly to the side. You let his hand go.

No wonder it wasn't Jungkook. He would've probably slapped your hand away.

"We'll see about that," you said and were promptly pushed by an employee to go out. You wanted to protest and find your 'husband', but the place was so crowded there was no way you would find him here. You followed the black-haired boy to the exit, looking around, hoping to
find Jungkook.

At the same time, you hoped that the guy in front of you wouldn't mention how you clutched his hand like your life depended on it.

You were still a little shaky and your hands were still tremoring, but you tried looking for your phone in your pockets when you realized it was in your purse.

Which you left in the car.

Great, you were bound to live here forever with no way of ever getting out. Like the people who get lost in Ikea and never find their way back so they eventually turn into employees too.

At least you wouldn't have to pretend you were his wife anymore.

"Shit," you mumbled annoyed. How were you supposed to find him? You looked around again, trying to spot a familiar face, but to no avail.

"Are you still looking for your friend?", the black-haired guy asked. He stood in front of you and put his hands in his pockets. His black T-shirt matched flawlessly with his haircut and the shy smile he gave you made his face even more attractive.

He could even compete with Jungkook.

You nodded. "I assume you don't have your phone with you? Do you want to use mine to call him?", he offered.

"I don't know his number."

It was a miracle you even saved his number, to be honest.

"Then let's look for him. How does he look like, I'll help you."

Why was he being so nice?

"Umm, dark brown hair, pretty tall, wears a white T-shirt, black ripped jeans."

Your description fits half the dudes at the park.

Pretty eyes, bunny smile, devilish-grin.

"I'm Y/N by the way," you introduced yourself so you wouldn't come off as rude.

"I'm Taehyung."

Just as you were about to say you were glad to meet him, someone put their arms around your shoulders and you were about to kick them in the balls when you noticed the white fabric that dragged along the muscular arms.

Jungkook rested his head on your shoulder and mumbled, "Hey sweetheart", in your ear, loud enough for Taeyhung to hear it.

You forced a smile, even though you wanted to smack him.

Taehyung was visibly uncomfortable with the situation and you tried getting Jungkook off of you subtly, but he wouldn't let go. 

"Well, I guess I'll see you around," you pressed out, trying to ease the weird situation, and Taehyung took that as a sign to go. He gave you a nod and said something along the lines of "Yeah sure," but he was already turning around, so you couldn't quite make out what exactly it was.

"Who was that?", he asked quietly, arms still hugging your shoulders and mouth still close to your ear.

"The guy I held hands with", you said to spite him.

He lifted his head and you could only imagine his baffled expression.

"What?"

You shrugged, causing his arms to rise along with your shoulders. "You left me alone when you knew I was scared of going."

You didn't have a huge problem with that in particular, but you were annoyed he made a scene just now with Taehyung. Did he have to hug you like that and make it obvious that you were a couple? Taehyug seemed like a really nice person and you would've loved to befriend him.

You didn't mention that you thought it was him who you held hands with.

He turned you around so you were facing each other. You were glad he wasn't that close anymore, it was easier to concentrate when you didn't smell his perfume.

"I'm sorry. I tried getting to you, but the seats were already taken so I had no choice," he
explained.

"But you had the choice just now when you hugged me. What the hell was that?"

Maybe you wouldn't have found it so bad if he did it on a regular basis. It was the fact that he did it for the first time, in front of a guy who you were obviously interested in, only to ruin it.

Seeing it like that, you were pissed.

Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest in a defensive manner.

"Oh, so now that no one is looking, you're back to being yourself?", you burst, realizing that you might've taken it too far.

Because you knew that you were getting paid for all of this, so technically it was a job. He didn't even need to remind you of that.

But he also didn't need to prove Taehyung you were a couple. He could've just walked up to you and it would be forgotten, it wasn't like you really cared about the fact that he left you alone.

And then again, you've known each other for barely a week and he had no right to do that.