Chapter 54

"What did you get for number ten?" I asked as I swiveled around on my desk chair. 

I glanced over at Ethan. He had taken over my bed and was lying sprawled out on his stomach, quietly getting on with his math homework. His eyes flickered up to meet mine. 

"Trying to cheat, are we Chubs?" he teased with a playful glint in his eyes.

 I glared at him. "No, I just want to compare answers, that's all!" I snapped defensively. 

"Liar," he coughed, underneath his breath. 

"Shut up, you idiot and just tell me what you got," I hissed in anger. It was becoming harder by the second to resist the urge to walk over to him and throttle him. 

He let out a dramatic sigh before flipping back two pages to find his answer. How the hell was he so much ahead of me? His intelligence pissed me off. "I got eight-nine-point six X," he replied casually. 

I stared down at my answer in disappointment, it was nowhere near that. My answer didn't even have a fucking X in it!

I struggled to solve it by myself for a couple of minutes before giving up. I slowly swiveled back around to face Ethan in defeat.

 "Ethan..." I sang innocently. 

He looked up at me in amusement. "Mia..." he sang, imitating me. 

"Could you please show me how you got to that answer?" I asked quietly.

 It felt humiliating that I even had to ask. He may be my boyfriend now, but that didn't make him any less of a dick.

A smug grin stretched out onto his face. He quickly hopped off my bed and sauntered his way over to me.

 He leaned his head down to my ear. "I was waiting for you to ask," he whispered obnoxiously. 

"Don't make me regret asking," I hissed in between gritted teeth.

 "Switch with me. I want to sit," he snapped as he pulled me up by the arm and stole my chair.

 I rolled my eyes at him, not seeing why he needed to be seated. He could easily just look over my shoulder. He glanced over my solution, as he tried to find my error.

 "Oh, found it. You need to substitute in this equation," he said pointing out the error after about two seconds. I leaned over him, so I could see what he was talking about.

 "Oh yeah, thanks. You're right," I said shooting him a grateful smile.

He put his hands behind his head and recoiled back on the chair with a sigh.

 "Well, of course, I'm right," he said as he beamed up at me smugly. 

"Remind me. Why do I like you again?" I snapped rudely.

 He shrugged. "I supposed it's probably because I'm sexy as fuck," he smirked.

 I scoffed at his arrogance."Just get out of my seat, you idiot," I snapped as I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him off. He didn't move an inch and just watched in amusement as I struggled. I stopped for a rest.

 "Have you given up yet?" He smirked. 

"Come on, stop being mean, and just let me sit down," I whined as I stuck out my bottom lip. 

A mischievous look ran through Ethan's eyes, and before I could even fathom a guess at what he was going to do, he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I fell clumsily on top of him, and Ethan quickly grabbed both my legs and hoisted them up into his lap.