Chapter 56

Everyone continued to stare at my dad in utter shock. Nobody said a word, in the off chance that we had all misheard him. 

"I haven't got all day Ethan, have you or have you not had sex with my daughter?" my dad snapped impatiently. 

Ethan looked so uncomfortable that I wouldn't be surprised if he ran out of the room screaming.

 At the precise moment, I honestly wouldn't have cared if a tsunami wave just came out of nowhere and engulfed our entire house, just so, I wouldn't have to sit through this conversation.

 "Dad, what kind of fucking question is that? Can't you ask a normal question, like about soccer or something, or literally anything else," I whined as I rubbed my temples to ease the pressure building up in my head.

 "We're all adults here, so I don't see why not. Well, everyone except you, Mia, your eighteenth birthday is not till next month," my dad pointed out with an obnoxious smile. 

"Wait, how do you know Ethan's eighteen?" I asked in confusion. 

I don't remember telling him that...

"You honestly think, I haven't stalked all of his social media and done a full police background check on him. You're my only daughter Mia, I had to check you weren't going to be murdered," my dad scoffed as though this was a completely normal thing to do. 

Well, I suppose it was for a police investigator, the resources were right there in front of him.

"So back to the topic, have you or have you not had sex with Mia?" my dad barked as he stared at Ethan with a piercing gaze. 

"No, I haven't, sir," Ethan answered boldly.

 My dad narrowed his eyes until they were only small slits. "Interesting...but have you ever thought about having sex with my daughter?" my dad said with a slight edge to his tone. 

My eyes widened in horror, mortified by the words that were coming out of my dad's mouth. He was a fucking lunatic!

 Ethan's face had gone ghostly white, and his forehead started to shine with sweat. He gulped and broke eye contact with my dad.

 "I'm just going to pop to the loo," my Mum announced abruptly, as she quickly pulled back her chair and got up. It was obvious that she was desperate to get away from the most awkward meal of her life. I didn't blame her one bit, I'm only upset that I didn't think of it first.

 "Well?" my dad asked, looking at Ethan expectantly.

 Ethan cleared his throat awkwardly and shuffled nervously in his place 

"Yes sir, I have thought about it," Ethan confessed in a quiet voice. "A lot," he coughed. 

It took everything in me, not to slap Ethan upside the head.

  Doesn't he fucking know you lie in situations like this? 

My dad didn't seem at all thrilled by his answer and was staring at Ethan with a murderous expression.

 "What were you expecting Dad, for him to be asexual or something?" I snapped.

 My dad shrugged his shoulders. "A father can hope," he muttered.

 "So, Ethan, you're a good-looking bloke, so I'm guessing you're quite experienced. You've had a lot of girlfriends in the past, I presume," he said as he looked Ethan up and down in judgment. 

"Actually, Mia's my first girlfriend, so I wouldn't exactly call myself experienced," Ethan said with a soft chuckle. 

My dad raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Really? I find that hard to believe," my dad said as he narrowed his eyes at Ethan in suspicion.