1⛓️

°•𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 C𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎•°

CHECK OUT MY SHORT STORY FARAIB! IT'S COMPLETED AND I'M SURE YOU'LL ENJOY IT.

The story can wait! But your prayer won't! So please pray and come. The story isn't going anywhere.

Mushk was playing with a 3 month old baby, laughing at him when his chubby hands held her auburn hair and directly took it in his mouth, trying to chew them.

"That's not edible, my baby." Mushk coos at him who just keeps looking at her eyes which were the same as his, though he inherited them from his father.

A knock on the door made her sit straight beside Murtuza, her bhabhi came in, smiling at her.

"Are you sure you'll be able to take care of him? He can be a handful sometimes." Maham tells her.

"It's okay bhabhi. I too need to spend some time with my nephews. You can go and enjoy your date with bhai, I'll take care of them." Mushk tells her bhabhi who nods at her keeping Murtuza's baby bag down.

Just then Mujtaba comes bouncing on his feet with his book in his hands.

"Khala, look at this! My teacher taught this to me and also gave me a star!" 4 year old Mujtaba tells her khala plus phuppi.

Maham was her khala's daughter. Her khala didn't want her only daughter to go far away from her so the family fixed Maham's alliance with Mushk's brother Mustafa. It was now 6 years to their marriage, blessed with two sons.

Mujtaba sits on her bed animatedly talking to Mushk. Maham smiles at their bonding when Mustafa comes from behind and holds her shoulder. He couldn't be more thankful to Allah for the family he got, but sadly their mother passed away two years after their marriage leaving only brother and sister. his sister became like his mother figure while he was Mushk's father figure since childhood.

The nine year old gap never came in between the siblings. For him, she was his first child.

"My family." Mustafa murmurs in her ear, she turns sideways and glares at him.

"Ours." Mustafa smiles at his wife's answer.

Giving one last kiss to their children and agreeing to bring them ice cream they both leave the house.

~~

Mushk was making dinner while Mujtaba was doing his homework quietly. she smiles at the disciplined boy.

She looks up from the dish when the landline rings, setting the flame on low. She goes towards the hall where Mujtaba was trying to pick up the phone which was kept on the high shelf, away from him.

Chuckling at his antics, she moves in the direction of the phone. Picking it, she was about to say something when the other person beat it.

Her eyes widened hearing the other person.

"What? Which hospital?" She worriedly asks.

Keeping the phone she rushes towards her room, her heart hammering in her chest with fear, tears welling up in her eyes.

Hurriedly wrapping a shawl around her, she wraps a sleeping Murtuza in his blanket. Holding Mujtaba who already wore his shoes sensing her khala's tension.

Smiling teary eyed at Mujtaba who never fails to impress her, she hastily locks the door, her vision blurring.

Taking big steps she goes towards their neighbor, knocking on the door.