chapter twenty

chapter twenty, a beginning to an end

A MARRIAGE HAD TAKEN place on the fifteenth of August in the year 1901

A MARRIAGE HAD TAKEN place on the fifteenth of August in the year 1901. People from the top of Scotland to the very last shore that the island could reach, it seemed the two were far more popular than they had initially when sitting outside by the lake with Emilia's mother who had been helping them plan everything out together.

The wedding was one to remember, with large press gathering outside of the church and hall where they had held their reception, they had thought of the first place where they had met at the ball in London but then quickly realised it was somebody's home and decided against, instead settling for a large estate that looked almost like a castle, the outdoors had lakes, flowers and fountains everywhere bringing all the guest towards it like a magnet. Sherlock had smiled when he had seen his sister had accepted the invitation to his wedding when he saw her sat beside William Tewksbury who had been given the two invitations in hopes that he could get Enola Holmes to come.

It had taken the two quite the journey of where to pick a place to live and settle down, seeing as Sherlock was still working yet the place had proven to be quite the place seeing as Sherlock could travel in and out of London and Emilia could sell her dresses to one of the tailors in London after they had set up a deal.

The home was just on the outsides of London, the countryside with vasts fields, rivers and forests. Their home was large but not large enough either could get lost in. The two decided against hiring a whole household of servants, only hiring what was truly needed.

Although the two had dreamed of kids, it had taken a while for Emilia to fall pregnant causing the young girl to worry an immense although the doctor telling them neither were infertile, it had taken five years for a fair headed baby girl to pop out, Sherlock joked that once she started she never stopped, with now three young girls at their sides in the family portrait, Jane the oldest at eight years old, Charlotte at six years and the baby of the house Sophia at just three years.

Sherlock and Emilia had decided against sending them to a boarding school, instead hiring a governess that would teach them.

It was one afternoon, when Emilia and the three young girls were playing about in the garden, trying to see who could get the farthest while rolling down the hill, the three let Sophia win as to not cause a tantrum on such a sunny day of course when Sherlock had come home, kissing his wife as her small blush made him smile for about the billionth time since he had met her all those years ago.

Even with her hair a mess and skirt full of grass stains, he could not love any woman more than Emilia Tewksbury and realised it was when he met her did he realise that he believed in soulmates. Because if there were ever a woman he loved more than anything, it was her.

And so as he had pulled out a book from his bag once him and Emilia had moved towards the stone patio of their back garden with the title "The detective and the lady." did the two laugh, somehow remembering that small trip to a boarding school where he had picked up a random romance novel and muttered quietly under his breath how ironic it was, how ironic it was indeed.

"and so, the detective had solved many mysteries, but the best one he had solved was his lady." She said, looking up to the man lying next to her in their shared bedroom, the two of them smiling with red cheeks on their face before closing the book and giving one last kiss before sleep overtook them, the two dreaming about the case of her missing brother leading her and him to eachother.

the end

thank u for all ur kind comments i literally love use all😩😩🥺🥺🥺🥺