Chapter seven

When I wake up Sunday morning I smile to myself and snuggle into the sweater Donny gave me. I get up and make my way downstairs to get some food in my system. I decide to make toast with banana butter and a side of bacon. Once I finish my breakfast I head upstairs to change into something comfy. I throw on leggings and a bra then slip Donny's hoodie back on.

I hop in my car and make my way to the park downtown. I can't help but to think about everything I learned last night. It's all so strange to me because I never through I would be in a situation like this. I pull into the parking lot and just enjoy the view for a couple seconds before getting out and starting my weekly trail run. Once a week I come here to run around the trail just so I can keep my cardio in balance. As I wave to all the people I pass I start to get tired and have to sit down on a bench. My eyes get heavy and before I know it I'm asleep.
As I walk farther into the darkness I notice a door on my left. I try to force the body to go left but it continues on going straight. When we stop we're in front of Donny's house. I can see his dad inside pacing around yelling at someone on the phone.

We get closer and I can hear the voice of Donny's mom. "I can't believe you would do a thing like that Peter! You're a monster!" I hear her soft voice yell. She hangs up and Peter slams his phone on the ground breaking it. "Dammit!" He walks out of the house in anger and doesn't pay attention to what he's doing and he backs out of his driveway going full speed. The honk of a horn can be herd and then a crash. I watch as the car flips four times before staying upside down. The body moves closer and I can see the giant gash on Peters forehead. His breathing sounds labored and I gag as his brain starts to ooze out of the crack in his skull.

I'm being shook awake by the face of a stranger. I look around and notice I'm still on the trail. I look at the face of the older woman who woke me up and embarrassment takes over me. "Are you okay darlin?" I smile at her and nod. "I think I'm dehydrated is all. I can make it back to my car." She nods and hands me a water bottle out of her jacket pocket. I thank her and turn to go back to my car. I look at the time and it's 1pm. I was out for about two hours. I shake my head and take a sip of the water, I didn't realize how thirsty I actually was until that water hit my throat. I finish the water and then jump in my car to head home.

When I walk in I see Nancy in the kitchen. "Nancy what are you doing here?" She turns to me with a smile. "My kids went back to college early so I came back to work early." I embrace her and turn to what she's preparing. "Sooo what's for dinner?" I grab one of the tomatoes she has cut up and plop it into my mouth. "Chicken cutlets and ceaser salad." My stomach growls as she finishes her sentence. "Ouu yay. Call me if I'm not down when everything is ready please." I give her one last hug and make my way upstairs to my room to shower.

I turn the water on and let it warm up while I walk back into my room to text the twins.
Me: dinner at my place?
Tia: sure!
Sophia: definitely!
I tell them the time and then go hop in the shower. I wash my hair and body then get out and apply my skin moisturizer. I walk into my room to get dressed but I'm surprised to see Donny standing there. "Well hello there beautiful." He smiles at me. "Hey Donny." I walk over to my dresser and drop my towel so I could slip on some panties and a bra. "Storm you really know how to tease a man." His arms wrap around my waist and I smile. "Hmm I missed you." I say as I turn to him. He lifts me up and I wrap my arms around his torso. As he kisses me he walks over to my bed and gently lays me down.

"I missed you too." He says as he breaks the kiss. He sits back and giving me space to sit up. "You saw your dad die..." I say after sitting in silence. His head shoots up and I gasp at the hurt in his eyes. "Why would they show you that? What does that have to do with helping me?!" I can sense he's getting frustrated so I place my hand under his chin making him look at me. "Hey! It's obviously important okay. And I'm the last person you should be upset about seeing that." He sighs and stands from my bed, as he walks over to my dresser he grumbles to himself. He throws a pair of shorts and a shirt at me. "It's very hard to be around you while you look like that." He gulps. "Please for the sake of me waiting until I'm alive to actually take you." I giggle at his choice of words and slip into the clothes he gave me.

"It's been two memories about your dad so far, so maybe he's a vital part to my investigation." I say to him as he follows me downstairs. We sit on the couch and he nods waiting for me to continue. "Maybe there's a memory that'll give me more about him and you that night." As I look at Donny I can't help but notice his eyes on my lips as I spoke. I purposely lick them and I see a sparkle in his eye. "Will you please pay attention to me?" He looks up at me with a shy smile. "Can I have a kiss first?" I agree and give him a simple kiss. "I don't know why I can't remember. The one night that's important and I can't remember it." He says to me. Before I can say anything Nancy walks into the living room and smiles at the two of us. "Will Mr. Donald be staying for dinner?" He gets up and walks over to her. "Sadly I won't be Nancy. It's a shame too, I rely wanted to try your chicken cutlets." She blushes and I hide a smile.

"Well let me send you home with a plate then." She scurry's off to the kitchen and I laugh and Donny pulls me off the couch. He pulls me to him and my breath catches the moment our bodies touch. "Do you feel that?" He asks me. I nod my head and try to control my heart rate. "That's what fate feels like." He gives me a gentle kiss before pulling away from me. Nancy come back with a plate wrapped with aluminum foil. She hands his plate to him and then tells me mine will be waiting in the kitchen. The sound of her heels clacking down the hallway make me smile.

I turn back to Donny and walk him to my front door. Strange to be walking someone who isn't even really here to my front door. He places a kiss on my cheek before walking off my porch into the darkness. I shut the door and join Nancy in the kitchen. "It's good you two are seeing each other again." She winks at me and I smile back even though I'm confused. Again? I shrug it off and dig into the food Nancy made. "Mhmm you never disappoint when your in the kitchen." I compliment her and she kisses my cheek. "My daughters can't wait to meet you this Christmas, they wanted to know if it was okay that they came with me for the holidays... and before you tell me to take the holiday off, they insist." She sits across from me with a wide grin.

"Yea that would be great! They can meet my grandparents too." Nancy's eyes light up in excitement. "The Parters are coming down? How amazing. I have to start planning right away." "Not before you finish dinner." The doorbell rings and she jumps to answer it. I can hear the twins greet her as they come in. "We just left yesterday, no way you miss us already?" Tia is the first to speak as usual. "You guys and Nancy are practically my only family." I give her a hug and make faces at Sophia from over her sisters shoulder.

As the four of us eat dinner together, it's nothing but fun and good times. Tia tries to keep her mouth pg13 but gives up after a while and just lets her words flow freely. Nancy is getting a kick out of her choice of words. Sophia and I giggle to ourselves as Tia tells the story about her first time trying acid. We finish dinner and laugh on our way to the front porch because Nancy has kicked us out of the kitchen. "You'll pick us up tomorrow?" I nod and wave goodbye to the girls as their mother pulls up. I head up to my room to relax for the night but something is nagging at me. A feeling I haven't felt since five years ago.