-+*Chapter Five*+-

Sugawara's POV

We sit in silence, awkward as Munnsun and Mabel race to the park.

"So...is Munnsun your kid?" I nod, "might as well be." We didn't dare lay eye contact on each other, not even a glance. We were both watching our "children" as they climbed and swung.

"Uhm..listen, Suga, again, I'm-"

"Don't apologize...it makes things worst."

"Suga, I need to-" I shake my head, "no, you don't."

"Did Munnsun-"

"Force me to come here? Yes."

"Why?" I finally glance over at him, "well, she wanted to see Mabel I think. This was more for her than it was for me."

"Why would she want to see Mabel?"

"I talk about her a lot. Munnsun and Mabel actually have a lot in common."

"A 25 year old and a 5 year old?" I nod, "yes. Munnsun, is a child."

"You're cute." I look over at him and feel myself get warm, "I-I...ngh..." he chuckles lightly, "I missed you..." I sigh, "why'd you leave...?"

"I was being a jerk...I don't know."

"You do know...I know you do."

"How-"

"You've never been and never will be a perfect liar, Daichi."

"Fine...Ueda actually threatened to kill you." I laugh, "Ueda? She always hated me though. I was surprised she didn't already kill me. Your still lying to me." He sighs, "we can both agree that we weren't in the best spot. Mentally." I nod, "I don't think we ever were either. You know, trauma really does get to a fourteen year old."

"How did you...get better?"

"Well..I went to therapy for a bunch of things. That barely helped but it worked for a while...it took a good estimate of a year and a half to get over it actually. Uhm...anyway..." I bite on the inside of cheek, getting nervous as the silence grew. I thought about what Munnsun said. If doing this makes me happy, I'll know for sure.

"I'm sorry..." I mutter, turning off my brain and only my heart.

"For w-" I kiss him, feeling a sense of nostalgia and guilt. He politely kissed back, putting his hand on top of mine.

"Get a room!" I quickly pull away, looking over and smiling at Munnsun.

"There's still a child here!" She points at Mabel, "more like two." I chuckle, I glance over at Daichi to see him staring at me.

"Uhm...Munnsun let's go home now!" I shout, "wait Suga-"

"Hm?" I turn around, trying to hide the butterflies in my stomach, a feeling I haven't felt since.

"Uhm...get home safely."

"I live with Munnsun, so I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. Thank you."

"You live with- uhm...okay."

"I'll leave you alone now. Sorry Munnsun called you late. I know Mabel's sick and all..."

"It's okay. I couldn't expect anything less." I smile slightly, "I'm sorry for kissing you it...it was kind of for a stupid reason." I chuckle gently, "let's go now! Ugh...I'm still hungover!" I wave gently, receiving a small one back.

Daichi's POV

On the drive home, the car ride was mostly quiet, assuming Mabel was asleep.