A heavy secret

7.30 AM
Y/N's room

I woke up after a short night and do the usual before school. I put my clothes on, eat my breakfast and go outside. Sayori is already there, waiting for me.

Y/N: "I think it is the first time that you are the one waiting, amazing!"

Sayori: "You meanie."

Y/N: "Anyways, how are you?"

Sayori: "I'm alright, sleep well?"

Y/N: "The usual, let's get going."

Without a word, we made our way towards school.

5 PM
Corridor

Well, it is now time to join the literature club. I can't believe Sayori finally manage to make me a new member of a club, nonetheless the literature club. I entered the club room and... nobody's here? Noise can be heard from the closet. I put my bag down and went towards it. I peek inside of it, Natsuki's here, the sleeve of her uniform up, putting some sort of medication on her arm. Even with the lack of light, a horrible purple bruise can be seen on her arm. With a frown on my face, I went back to the room and I open the door to see how she will react. She got out of the closet with a big smile.

Natsuki: "Oh hey Y/N!"

Y/N: "Hi Natsuki."

Natsuki: "Hum... You okay? You seem a little weird."

Y/N: "No I'm okay don't worry. Where are the others?"

Natsuki: "I have no idea, I texted them earlier but nobody answered. You want to read together?"

Y/N: "Of course!"

Natsuki: "Yes! I mean... Yeah, if you want..."

We got under the window against the wall, and we start reading.

5.45 PM
Clubroom

It's still the two of us in the room, she still didn't talk about her arm. I'm gonna ask her. If she has some problems, I want to help her.

Y/N: "Natsuki, when do you think you are going to talk to me about your arm?"

Natsuki doesn't move an inch, then slowly turns her head towards me with teary eyes.

Natsuki: "Y-Y/N, h-help m-me, p-p-please..."

I wrapped my arm around her to try to calm her down, patting her back.

Y/N: "What's going on? Is that those two assholes from last time?"

Natsuki: "N-No... I-It's my d-dad... He has an h-huge alcohol problem and... When he is drunk, he a-abuses me... violently... Well... Not only when he is drunk... But when he is, it's worse..."

Y/N: "Is that the reason why you have a bruise on your arm?"

Natsuki: "Ye-yeah, it's... the most recent one... But I have several others on my back too..."

Y/N: "How long has this been going on?"

Natsuki: "Se-several years... I would say 10 years."

I'm horrified by what she is saying, I can't let her go back to her "home"...

Y/N: "It's going to be hard for me to help you Natsuki because we don't have many choices ahead of us... I can't really do anything besides asking you this... Do you want to live with me?"

Her head jolts up with starry eyes.

Natsuki: "Y-y-you serious?!"

Y/N: "Of course I am, I can't let you go back to your place just for you to be abused... And... Yeah, we have just known each other for two days but, I care about you. I won't let anyone hurt one of my friends. But heh... I think you already figured the day we met huh?"

Natsuki doesn't say a thing. I'm a little worried, I look towards her to see her asleep. I looked at my watch. It's 5.50 PM. There is ten minutes before the end of the meeting. I'll let her sleep until the end.

6 PM
Clubroom

The last bell can be heard in the corridor of the school. I gently woke Natsuki up and helped her up to her feet and we went together towards home.

6.20 PM
Neighborhood
Natsuki's POV

I can't believe he accepted to let me live with him. It is silent between us but I couldn't care less. When I'm with him, I feel safe. We arrived at his house and he opened the door. We entered and he lets me sit on the couch.

Y/N: "Are you hungry?"

Natsuki: "Y-Yeah, I'm starving."

He got up and walk into the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with some cookies.

Y/N: "It's too early, I'll cook you a proper meal later."

He sat beside me and he turns the TV on. I choose something and we start watching it.

10 PM
Y/N's house

The film is now over and we finished eating. We have to go to sleep and he never told me where I was going to sleep.

Natsuki: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "Hmm?"

Natsuki: "Where am I going to sleep?"

My question seems to bug him a little bit.

Y/N: "Right, I didn't think about that, I don't have a guest room... I'm going to sleep on the couch and you'll sleep in my room. Is it okay with you?"

Natsuki: "No, you already are kind enough to let me live here, I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch. I AM going to sleep on the couch."

Y/N: "And you are my guest! I'm not letting you sleep on the couch either..."

An awkward silence. We have to find a solution becau- I have an idea.

Natsuki: "Maybe we could... hum... sleep together?"

He turns his head towards me.

Natsuki: "JUST SLEEPING!!"

Y/N: "Yeah don't worry. But, yeah that could work, I have a king-size bed."

Natsuki: "I'm okay with it..."

He let me go first in the bathroom and I brushed my teeth. I went into his room and waited for him to come back. He arrived, knocked, and entered the room. He climbed on the bed first and I follow him. We got on each side of the bed, back to back. I fall asleep after a short time.