Blackout

Months past in Florida, the heat waves eased out steadily replacing themselves with tropical storms and humid air.
Dream spent his time with girl after girl, night after night in their beds. Some he just met for dinner after planning his days around them, watching their every moves. Others he picked up impulsively and took them home. Every day was the same. At first it started off as a harmless dating life, just with a slight addition of stalking. But now, now it had turned to an addiction. He couldn't stop. Anytime he spent without a new girl in his arms he spent alone with his thoughts, and he hated it. Dream hadn't checked discord in weeks, his YouTube and twitch completely dead and his friends had heard nothing at all from him at all.

Pov Switch (George)
"Sapnap?" George spoke clearly into his mic. He had spent the past few hours on a call with all of his friends (except Dream of course) now it was just him and Sapnap alone.

"Yeah, George?"
"I'm worried about Dream. We've not heard from him in months, none of my texts have gone through and his voice mail is full."

George was seriously concerned for his friend. It wasn't like Dream to go on a social media blackout. Social media was his life. It was all of their lives.
"Yeah me too. Did something happen with you guys? I've not spoken to him since the last time we were recording." Sapnaps voice was growing with concern.
"No nothing happened that's the thing. I haven't heard from him since the recording either..."
"God George what if something bad happened to him. You know what he's like, always getting himself into trouble for fun. What if this time he pushed it too far"
George and Sapnap conversed for a while longer trying to make sense of nothing. They battered back and forth coming up with ideas on how to contact him but all required him being active online. Well, all except one.

"Wh- what if we, ya know, went to Florida?" Sapnap stuttered.
"You're joking right?" George laughed in reply, the idea seemed ridiculous to him.
"No I'm being serious. Come on dude, we all knew we'd meet eventually, why not just make it now?"
"I mean, okay? But we don't know what he looks like never mind where he lives."
"I know where he lives..." Sapnap said timidly, almost like he was hiding something that he really didn't want to tell George about.
"You do? How? Dreams never told us anything about where he lives." George replied. Curiosity filled inside him.
"I- we talked about meeting, last year. Just the two of us. We didn't think it would make sense to ask you to, you'd just moved into your apartment and it's so far for you to travel. It never happened though! I cancelled last minute. I didn't think it was fair for us to see each other without you..."

George's stomach dropped. How could Dream do that. He was shocked. He thought he knew him better than that.
"Oh. Right..."
"George come on man, it never happened. And it wasn't supposed to upset you it was only an impulse decision." Sapnap could sense the hurt in George's voice as he spoke. He tried to change the subject as quickly as he could.
"George look on the bright side, I've got his address. Fly out to Florida and we'll meet and go together."
George hesitated, unsure if he wanted to meet his friends under these circumstances.

"Fine."

They planned the trip, booking flight tickets for the following weekend. George would fly himself out to Florida and Sapnap would fly from Texas. They'd meet and head to Dreams house from there. It was only a short drive from the airport so an Uber wouldn't be too expensive to split.