Foggy

Sunlight flooded into the room through the open curtains. The floor was a mess of clothes and bedsheets all covered in sweat and strong with the smell of alcohol.

Both boys lay silently in the bed, their bare skin still sticking together from last night, and their hair messy and pulled. Dreams eyes began to flutter open as he woke. The room came into view pulsing in his mind. His head was throbbing. The boy which lay softly on his chest stirred and placed his own hand to his aching head. The dark haired boy blinked and looked up at the man he lay on. Dream met his gaze. Their hearts stopped. Dream felt his cheeks burn red just as George felt his stomach drop.

He scrambled to his feet urgently grabbing his clothes from the floor and scuttling out the room. Dream would've laughed at the helpless innocent boy if he hadn't been so traumatised. What was he doing naked in bed with his best friend? What had they done.

Dream lay in the bed alone for another hour before peeling his skin from the sheets and walking to the bathroom. George was alone in the kitchen which Dream desperately hoped to avoid at all costs. He took a long cold shower in hopes to clear his head of the fog which filled it and return to his senses. The boy cleaned himself up and fixed his room before making the dreaded decision of heading to the kitchen for some food.

He peered his head past the door frame to see the British boy alone at the bar stools, his head down looking at his phone and his messy brown hair flowing over his forehead. He looked up as he heard Dream enter the room. This time it was both of their cheeks which glowed red.

"H-hey" Dream cleared his throat.
"Hi.."
The tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife. The silence poured into the room as the boys stared at each other.
"Dream?" George spoke up, his voice shy and filled with worry as if he didn't want to know the answer to his question.
"Yeah George?"
George's heart twinged. He always loved when Dream said his name in a sentence, it made him feel important.
Another silence filled the room.
"What did we do?"

"Nothing. Nothing obviously what do you think we could've did?" Dream replied after a moment.
"I mean it doesn't exactly look good... we were in bed together. Naked. I could literally feel your-"
Dream cut him off with a cough, his face heating up once again.
"George god we were drunk! It didn't mean anything it was just another bad decision."

George's face fell. Was that what Dream felt about him. That he was just another bad decision?

Dream sensed the boys emotions and quickly rushed over to him placing his hand on his shoulder before quickly removing it and stepping back after how close he realised they were. All Dream longed for was to be standing back there. His arms around George's and their faces near touching. But his brain told him no.

"Look, George you know I don't mean that. I just mean... I mean you're straight for gods sake and I- I don't even know what I am!" He laughed the end bit out to mask his self doubts.
Laughter filled the room. George doubled over clenching his stomach. This was the most genuine laugh Dream could ever recall hearing from his friend.
"What? What are you laughing at?" Dream was confused.
George took in deep breaths grabbing the counter trying to steady himself.
"You think I'm straight?!" He pointed at his own chest before falling back over laughing.

The other boy smiled.
"I didn't want to assume!"
George sat up again, tears in his eyes and his cheeks red.
"Look Dream, I like you. A lot. And I get if you're not in that mindset or if last night really was a drunken mistake for you. But I do. I like you."
Dream blinked at the boys words. He could feel his heart beat quicken as his stomach filled with a thick fog just like the one which clouded over his head.
"You don't need to say anything, Dream. It's fine. I just wanted to tell you." George looked disappointed at his friends silence but brushed it off. It was the first time he had managed to express his feelings with ease and he was met with nothing.

Once again the room was silent. Only for a moment though. It was broken by the sound of a chair scraping against the floor and feet stumbling over themselves. The next thing George knew, Dream was in his arms, their tongues intertwined and their breaths heavy. The kiss was different though. This time it wasn't hot and desperate like last night. This time it was passionate in a different sense. It was tender and loving.

They drew back and met one another's gaze.
"I like you too, George."