Kakashi

Song Title: Tailed Beasts counting song

Obviously he was late. He had to meet his genin that day, and he was late. I mean, it is Kakashi we're talking about. What did you expect?

He walked in the classroom to see his students. They were asleep. He was late, but it was still day time. Maybe they passed out from boredom. Whatever the case, Kakashi woke them up. Well, he would've if they were actually his students. Instead, when he tapped them awake, they poofed in to notes that all had the same thing written in it.

You're late! Try to find the real us.

"This is teamwork, I suppose." Kakashi sighed. His students were certainly using teamwork, but this was annoying. He poofed away, and the notes turned back in to humans.

"Told you it would work." Naruto gloated.

"He has his dogs, remember? I give it ten seconds at the most." Sasuke said.

"Oh, yeah. It was fun while it lasted." Naruto shrugged.

"Haha, very funny." Kakashi poofed in. "Meet me on the roof."

"You're 22, Naruto. You should be more mature." Sakura reminded as if she wasn't enjoying it after Kakashi disappeared.

"I'm 12 again. It would be suspicious if I didn't do something like this." Naruto said.

"And that's the only reason you're doing this?" Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, of course." Naruto let out a nervous laugh.

"Dobe." The three walked on to the roof.

"Teme."

   "Bla bla introduce yourself bla bla emo first."

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I dislike people calling me emo. I like tomatoes. My hobbies are... training?" Sasuke hadn't had a lot of time to himself in a while, you know, with the war going on. "My dreams for the future is to be able to revive my clan." Sasuke glanced Sakura.

"Ugh. I have to deal with Anko and Iruka-sensei giving each other those lovey dovey eyes, now I have to deal with you two? I'm gonna be sick." Naruto groaned.

"Sakura and I don't do that, and you do that with Hinata in class all the time. All you ever did in class was stare at Hinata with adoration. It was creepy." Sasuke argued.

"It's not like she notices. If it weren't for that one day, I don't think she'd really know I existed." Naruto pouted.

"You're kidding, right?" Sakura knew Naruto was stupid, but surely he wasn't that stupid.

'Preteens are so annoying. Why did lord third make me do this?' Kakashi thought.

   "Pinky, you next." Kakashi said.

"I'm Haruno Sakura." She had to stop herself from saying Uchiha Sakura. "I dislike those who pretend to be someone they're not and genjutsu." Sasuke and Naruto nodded in agreement. "I like medical jutsus. My hobby is learning new medical jutsus. My dream for the future is to become the best medic ninja there is."

"Whiskers."

"The name's Uzumaki Naruto. I dislike those who try to harm the people I care for, and people who would leave behind even one of their comrades. I like ramen. My hobby is becoming stronger and stronger. My dream for the future is to become Hokage and be able to protect the village against any major threats."

   'As annoying as they are, they just might pass my test. They show some promise.' Kakashi thought.

   "Meet at dawn on training ground seven tomorrow. Oh, and don't eat breakfast, you might puke." Kakashi poofed away.

   "Yeah, right." Naruto snorted.

———

   Yeah, they ate breakfast, and showed up an hour and a half past dawn. What rule breakers. They still showed up before Kakashi, though. It wasn't long after that Kakashi showed up.

   "Bells bla bla, only three bla bla, two pass bla bla, start." Kakashi said.

   He kinda expected Naruto to stay out in the open, but not Sasuke and Sakura. He thought the other two would hide. Guess not.

"You think you can take me?" Kakashi asked.

"I know we can." Naruto stated proudly.

"Oh dear, am I being underestimated?" Kakashi asked.

"No, but you're probably underestimating us." Sakura rushed forward.

"Don't hold back. Come at me like you're going to kill me. Otherwise you'll fail." Kakashi got out a kunai.

'Sorry, but we've gotta hold back. Our true skill level is too strong for 12 year olds.' Sakura thought.

Sakura started throwing punches. They were stronger than usual genin, but it was really hard holding back considering how strong she was.

While Sakura was distracting him with punches, and Naruto joining in, Kakashi was shocked to see a clone shoot up from the ground and try to punch him. He stepped back to avoid the punch, but Sasuke was ready for that. He kicked Kakashi in the back sending him towards Sakura. Who sent him way up high. Naruto threw a clone to Kakashi. The clone went to punch Kakashi, but barely missed. He poofed away as soon as Sasuke threw a fireball jutsu at Kakashi. He used his favorite jutsu, substitution.

"A nice attempt, but a failed one." Kakashi said.

"You sure about that?" Naruto held out the two bells. Kakashi looked at his waist to see that his bells were gone. He looked really impressed. "When did you..."

"When my clone missed you, he grabbed the bells. You were never the target." Naruto smirked.

"So when Sasuke used his fireball jutsu-"

"Just a distraction for Naruto's clone to throw the bells to the real Naruto without you noticing." Sakura said.

"Very impressive, but now that you have the bells, what are you going to do? Are you going to keep them to yourself, or are you going to give one to a teammate. If that's the case, who are you going to pass, and who are you going to fail?" Kakashi asked.

"Like I said yesterday, I don't like people who leave behind even one if their friends. So what makes you think I'd do that?" Naruto tossed one bell to Sakura and the other to Sasuke. "Guess I don't have the bells anymore. Are you going to fail me?"

   Sakura and Sasuke dropped their bells. They walked over to Naruto and placed a hand on his shoulder. "This was a team effort. If you fail Naruto, then you'll have to fail us too."

   "No need to worry. You all pass. Congratulations." Kakashi smiled.

———

   That's the end of the chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!