The Storage Space

Raven was now twelve weeks in, and would get her ultrasound the following day. Today, Izzy and Steven would be picking her up to go and get the materials to make Axl and Slash a bed, as they were sleeping on the floor.

She got ready and went downstairs to wait. Her belly was quite a bit bigger now. She hadn't expected to be this big already. She sat down on the couch wearing her plain black tracksuit pants and a black hoodie with the van halen logo on it.

She heard the beep of a car horn outside, and made her way to the front door.

"Raven!" Steven smiled as she made her way over to the car.

"Steven!" She responded.

"You're getting big!" Steven told her as she opened the door and climbed in.

"Wow- thanks?!" She said, laughing nervously and placing her hands on her belly.

"Well I think you look really nice." Izzy smiled gently.

"Thankyou Iz!" She smiled back. Izzy turned and stuck out his tongue at Steven, making her laugh lightly.

"Okay, let's get the show on the road!" Izzy said, and then put the car in reverse and backed out of her driveway. They drove down the street, hung a left turn and kept driving for a while, twisting and turning.

"So, having the ultrasound tomorrow, eh?" Izzy asked Raven.

"Yeah, and we might be able to hear the baby's heart!" She said, excited,

"Ooh! Really?!" Steven exclaimed.

"Yep. We won't know the gender for another month, though. I dunno if I wanna know yet though." She told them.

They pulled up outside a timber store. They got out of the car and went in. After browsing for a while, they bought some big peices of scrap timber, and went back to the car. Managing to load the timber in, the trio then got back into the car and began to drive to the storage space off sunset and gardner. This took about ten minutes, and they pulled up outside. Steven leapt out and Izzy popped the boot from inside the car. Steven grabbed a tool box and a chunk of timber, then Izzy and Raven followed suit, Raven grabbing the smallish bits and Izzy and Steven getting the bigger ones. Once Axl and Slash realised what was going on, they came out and helped too. Within a few minutes they had all of the wood inside. After an hour of sawing and drilling and hammering, there was a makeshift queen sized bed over the drumset. Just as they all sat down, Duff walked in with a box. Upon opening it he revealed a charcoal hibachi grill, which he and Raven proceeded to construct and work out how to work. Steven and Izzy proved themselves decent cooks by going down and getting some meat and frying it up on the grill. after twenty minutes, the pork peices were seasoned and cooked well. It tasted amazing. It had a little bit of kick in it, and a tangy hint of salt. It was tender still, and not too rare. Izzy had been the main cook, with Steven making a few suggestions and flipping them half way through so that the other side could cook. The result was kickass. And as a result, Axl and Slash decided they would invite Izzy and Steven over for dinner every night.

"Oh my god that was so good!" Raven sighed and leaned back. Izzy smiled.

"You're welcome." He said, which made her laugh a bit.

"Who wants to go out for a bottle of nightrain?" Slash asked, and was bombarded with cheers from the other men. Nightrain was a high percentage alcohol wine, which was cheap as hell.

"I can't drink. I'm pregnant." Raven said,

"That's okay. Come with us anyway!" Izzy replied,

"Agh- fine." She said, having nothing better to do with herself at that second. She got up, and they all walked together to a liquor store. Duff shouted two bottles, and by the time they had walked four blocks, the first bottle was empty. The effects of the wine came into play pretty quickly, and Steven was the worst off, being the littlest one, but Slash and Izzy were also pretty tipsy. Raven was pretty sure that Izzy and Slash had been doing lines in the park across from the storage space before they had set out, though, so it was understandable. Slash and Izzy were leaning heavily on each other, and Steven was tripping over his own feet. Just then, Slash spewed and Izzy asked if he was okay. Raven watched everything through the eyes of a sober person, so it wasn't nearly as fun, nor did it make much sense. Slash turned to Izzy and grabbed his shoulders,

"It's your fault." He said, looking serious,

"Whaaa-a?" Izzy's voice went higher pitched at the end, and then he hiccuped and Slash cracked up laughing. Raven just stared at them and shook her head. They both continued to stumble along.

"I'M ON THE NIGHTRAIN!" Slash yelled as they got to the beginning of Palm Avenue. Palm Avenue was a place where some of the band's less pleasing accomplices lived. It had sleazy chicks, druggie chicks and a few idiots. It was a place that always had something happening if Guns showed up.

"BOTTOMS UP!" Axl responded, taking a swig

"NIGHTRAIN" shouted Izzy,

"LOVE THAT STUFF" Axl shrieked.

"ON THE NIGHTRAIN!" Duff exclaimed,

"I'M GONNA CRASH AND BURN!" Steven added

"ONE MORE TIME TONIGHT!" Slash bellowed

"ON THE NIGHTRAIN" Duff yelled

"COULD NEVER GET ENOUGH" Axl responded

"ON THE NIGHTRAIN" Izzy's voice cut in

"I'M SO FUCKED UP!" Steven yelled,

"FILL MAH CUP!!!" Axl added, Raven laughed,

"NEVER TO RETURN!" She shouted to the sky. And so nightrain was born.

"Woooo!" Duff exclaimed, and they trudged the rest of the way to the storage unit, falling over each other and tripping on their own feet the whole way, with Raven being a communal leaning post for the unstable men around her.

How was that? Hope you had as much fun as I did, and enjoyed the nightrain scene. Remember to Rock N' Roll, everyone!
And sorry if it's a bit short...