chapter seventy-nine

CHAPTER NINEGOOD LOOKOUT

CHAPTER NINE
GOOD LOOKOUT

DO YOU THINK WE COULD MAKE IT?

LOCATION: CANTEEN

"Alright, enjoy dinner everyone. I'll be back in half an hour to take you all back to your rooms," Doctor Ryu told them, walking away moments later.

The nine kids sat quietly at the same table, only nodding as he walked away and once again left them alone with each other and their food.

"Do you guys know a bit about necromancers? Because I may be one but I have absolutely no idea what I'm capable of. I don't even know how to summon things or how I still have Minsoo with me even with my necklace on."

Chenle nodded, "I've done a bit of research but I only know so much. But you said you have a special necklace on or something, right? Is it magical?"

Eunha nodded, "yeah my parents gave it to me a while ago. Every time I take it off it's like ghosts are suddenly attracted to me."

"Interesting. Can you recall any times you didn't have the necklace on and ghosts communicated with you?"

"Uh... most of my childhood I can remember practically being haunted by this one guy that lived in my basement or something. That's when my mom said she'd give me the necklace. Once she gave it to me, I never took it off. Until I forgot to put it on after one of my showers at Neo House. Next thing I know, Renjun walks away and I'm trying to run away from zombie rats."

"Yeah, and it wasn't too pretty walking in on my end either," Jaemin muttered, his body slightly shaking as he recalled the memory.

"That's quite interesting, actually. Must be from the enhancements performed on you when you were younger," Chenle reasoned.

Eunha eyed him with uncertainty, "enhanced?"

Areum looked around the table slowly, putting down her cup of punch. "You mean... you guys don't know?"

"What do we not know?" Renjun asked.

"You guys are enhanced supernatural creatures. Just as regular supernaturals, you're powerful but as children, we were each experimented on. We're stronger and smarter than regular supernaturals," she explained.

"Does that mean we're more powerful too?"

Areum nodded, "it's like having your regular abilities doubled. You asked how we can control our eyes and powers, remember? Usually, you wouldn't learn that until your late twenties but we should all be able to master control before we even enter the twenties."

"I checked most of this place out."

Eunha drifted off from the conversation at hand and turned towards Minsoo, "do you think we could make it?"

Minsoo nodded, "the place where you guys are staying isn't overcrowded with guards but that's because there are a lot of locks and stuff. But you have me and I can electrocute them so they don't work anymore."

"You can still use your powers?" Eunha asked.

"Yeah, I tested them out earlier. I still need to work on my far distance control but up close, it shouldn't be a problem."

"Alright, do you want me to get their attention so we can get this done with and get out again?" Minsoo nodded, looking up towards everyone while Eunha got their attention.

"Minsoo gots a way out, can we discuss it here?" Eunha asked the younger kids, still unsure of how well the audio cameras pick up.

Areum looked towards Jisung with a certain look, one that immediately made the boy nod. He took in a deep breath, closing his eyes shut.

When they opened again, they were pink. Another few seconds passed before he released the breath he had been holding.

"What'd you do?"

Jisung released a tired sigh, "don't worry. We've got a few minutes before the backup generators turn back on and fix the cameras."

"There aren't many guards, like I said. Most of the place is programmed with technology. I could easily shock some stuff to get you all out. Not a lot of different hallways you guys will have to get past."

"Okay well, she said that there's a lot of technology she can't short circuit. Not many guards, not a lot of hallways."

"If Hyeji practices with her shapeshifting, I'd assume that she could take the form of one of the guards. Pretend to be transporting you all somewhere else. Chenle—"

Eunha repeated everything Minsoo was saying, "Chenle can go through some of the walls and stuff to watch out for anyone coming. While we're all getting moved, she'll break a few of the passcodes things and then—"

"Boom! You're out free."