Chapter 46 Ivy's Confession

Xavier's POV

"What?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

Mr. Thomas lowered himself onto the nearby bench with the help of Hunter and let out a defeated sigh. "She was afraid to tell you, so she ran away not long after you dropped her off at my house. She was never up for the job of being a luna, Xavier."

I could feel my heart breaking piece by piece from every one of Mr. Thomas' words.

"Maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding?" Grayson pleaded. "Maybe Addison just meant that she was scared of being luna and needed to take a deep breath and a little time. I'm sure that's at home with her mom right now."

"No." Mr. Thomas said firmly. "No."

"I'll go to her house and see if she's there," Brad said before ripping open the gym doors and shifting in mid-air.

"I'll mind-link Cecelia that Addison may be missing, they were close, so maybe she knows where she went," Hunter said before his eyes glazed over.

"I'll--" Grayson began to say but a loud roar cut him off.

Mr. Thomas rose off of the bench and to his full height. Hunter's eyes went back to normal and he started at the elder confused.

"No," Mr. Thomas repeated. "Xavier," he said turning slightly to look me dead in the eyes. "She left. Addison left you and this pack and her role of a luna because she couldn't handle it. Because she was scared and decided to run instead of just talking to you." Each of his words felt like they were laced with deep-seated anger and venom.

"Mr. Thomas," I said slowly, placing a hand on his shoulder and meeting his eyes. "We'll find her, we'll find Addison and sort all of this out. Thank you for telling me as soon as she left, I know that you did everything you could have to make her stay."

His eyes soften and he dropped back down onto the bench.

"Cecelia is looking for her but there's been no luck," Hunter informed me in a hard voice. Right now I was his alpha, not his friend or his brother-in-law.

"And Brad?" I asked trying to keep my voice level. "Has he found her at her house?"

"No, Alpha," Hunter replied. "He does have her mother and is bringing her to the pack-house right now."

"Alpha--" Grayson began to say but Ivy cut him off.

"Grayson can you and Audrey take Mr. Thomas to the packhouse? I need to have an important word with our Alpha and Hunter," Ivy blurted out in her firm, beta female voice.

"You would think as the beta that I would get some respect around here," Grayson grumbled to himself as he helped Mr. Thomas up and Audrey followed behind them.

Ivy watched Grayson and Audrey help Mr. Thomas back to the packhouse and didn't say a word until they were both out of sight. She then locked the gym doors before turning back around to Hunter and me.

"Ivy, we don't have time for whatever the hell this is. My mate is missing and about to reject me tonight," I gritted out. I need to be out there looking for Addison.

"This is about Addison," Ivy said calmy.

"Are you sure that you want me to be here?" Hunter asked confused.

"Yes," Ivy replied right away. "Because I need you to go to Mr. Thomas' house and scent Addie out."

"You could get literally any wolf in the pack to do that, Ivy," Hunter said what I was thinking. "Why me?"

"Because right now you're only tracker in the pack that I trust," Ivy confessed.

"What are you not hiding, Ivy?" I deemed in my Alpha tone.

"I don't trust, Mr. Thomas," Ivy blurted out. "I haven't ever trusted him and I think that he's done something to Addison because she's human!"

"Why?"

"Mr. Thomas hates humans, Xaiver," Ivy said in a shaky voice. "When he was helping me do my beta female training, he told me. He told me to never trust or let a human into the pack, that they would only kill us in the end."

"Why didn't you tell me? Or Grayson this?" all I could see were flashes of Addie in my mind and how scared and hurt she looked after Mr. Davis.

"Because he left and I didn't think that he was ever going to come back," she admitted. "He went on some mad manhunt for this human girl he claimed ruined his life. I just thought that she broke his heart or something, but now that Addison is missing and he's the last one to have seen her. . ." Ivy trailed off and another sense of dread filled my gut.

"Hunter please go to Mr. Thomas' house and scent out when Addison was last there and if anyone besides her and Mr. Thomas were there today. And don't tell anyone else about this mission, Not even my sister," I commanded.

"Yes, Alpha," Hunter bowed to me before unlocking the gym door and shifting.

"What do you want to do?" Ivy asked in the smallest voice I had ever heard her use.

"We need to find a way to figure out what Addison and Mr. Thomas really talked about both times, without the truth it's his word against hers, and he's an elder and Addie's missing," I took a breath as I spoke.

"What about the other elders?" Ivy asked. "They all live near each other, one of them must have heard them talking, I mean, all they do is spy on each other gossip."

"Good idea," I nodded. Why didn't I think of that? "You can go and question the elders, and I'm going to go to the packhouse and talk with Addison's mom and Mr. Thomas some more. Maybe Hunter will pick up on a weird scent that can tell us more."

"Yes, Alpha," Ivy nodded firmly and then went to leave.

"And Ivy!" I called out to her before she could open the door and leave. "Don't tell Grayson about this."

"But--"

"If Mr. Thomas really is behind this then we need to keep it hush, hush. We can't tell anyone else until it's either confirmed or denied, this is an order."

"Yes, Alpha." And she was off.

If Ivy was right, if Mr. Thomas was really behind all of this, then I would skin him alive and enjoy every second of it. No one messes with my mate. Mr. Davis was already too close and I never want to be that close to losing her again.

Hi loves!
Hope you liked this
Surprise update,
I mean it was either this
Or I paid attention in class . . .
Don't worry! I promise that
I'm doing well haha

What do you guys think
Of this chapter?!
Please let me know,
I love reading your comments so much.

Love, G ❤️