Prayer of The Tainted Woman

She lost herself through her journey and left tainted, heartbroken, and ashamed so she only has One to talk to

Once upon a time, there was a woman who was so proud of her pure virginity. She lived her life as a good woman who vowed not to sleep anyone before marriage. She lived with her vow until she reached her blooming and mature age. She began curious about many things, especially about love. She was truly a helpless naïve romantic woman who believes in true love and happily ever after.

Until one day, she met a few men when she was on her way to see her mother in another town. They were staring at her untainted glows, every curve at the right place with lust, and the most important was her stupid mind.

The first man approached with his breath reeked in alcohol.

“Will you marry me? I will love you.”

The woman who knew nothing about the hidden intention behind his lying love words fell on his trap. He brought her to someone else’s home and bed and took her first blood of hymen. When he finished, with a smirk on his face, he told the woman that he still loves his previous wife and his life won’t be long so not for one second he ever thought about getting married again to anyone. He was a poor man so he took the woman’s golden bracelet and necklace which was a birthday gift from her mother before he left.

Heartbroken and ashamed, she continued her walk. Not far from the first man, there was a man who looks like a saint. He approached the woman with his calm voice.

“You are so beautiful. May I ask your time to spend it with me for lunch?”

He took her for lunch somewhere a bit crowded. But since he was a saint man, he kept a distance to the woman. As they both finished with their food, the man took her hand and brought her to a cheap lodge. He asked her to kiss his treasure behind his pants as he put his heavy body on her. After he finished, he took her back to her delayed journey and told her not to tell anyone about it.

Another heartbroken and confusion, she continued her walk. She promised herself, she won’t get easily fooled by any men again. But not for long, the third man came towards her. He was a man full of confidence and well built. He talked to the woman first, but it seems like they have a lot in common and she felt comfortable.

“I can see my future with you. You are a sweet and kind woman.”

But then he took her somewhere cheap and dirty and fucked her a few times. She let him because she thought they had some sort of connection. But then the man showed how disrespectful he was to the woman. He would say harsh and rude things to her. So the woman decided to leave even though the man kept calling her name to get her attention.

A few steps ahead, she met two brothers who came from the neighboring town. They both were harsh and obviously abused her. They knew the woman wasn’t pure anymore so they asked her to show her naked body. And stupidly she followed their words. She completely felt like a cheap street woman who she always belittled before. And now she was even worse than them, she didn’t even get paid for her body. She left those two brothers, wished to see her mother sooner.

Until in the middle of her journey, she met the last man who looked smart and mature. He was polite and kind, he seemed truly interested in the woman. They talked for a few moments until he showed her that he was no different from the other men she met before. And this time, she didn’t resist it. She accepts the fact that men only seek something between her legs. That is men’s nature.

She left the last man with her clothes shattered and ruined along with her heart. She fell to her knees and cried. She could never bear to tell her mother. So she prayed.

O God, here I am, lay bare in nakedness with shame all over me. I grief with anger. You know, they were hurting me, they were breaking me, they were piercing me crimson red. They stole my kindness, they were bashing my heart. God, The Healer of All, I hear nothing but lies within their convincing words. Like the devil’s temptation tasted like the sweetest nectar. But, I deceived my own sanity. What have I done? God, wrap my ears from their empty promises. How can a man easily promise the world to the fragile one, and he promised the same damned thing to another? How many worlds did You create thus he divided them like petals to the foolish one? And God, oh, how sly a promise can be said by a man who swore in faith to You.

So, God, I beg for Your mercy, destroy me in the most possible way. Banish me, kill me until there is nothing left from me. I beg for Your love, to protect my mother from her tainted daughter. Do not let Your fire for she wasn’t the one who is in fault.”

The woman cried for a long time, and God finally answers her grief by built a strong tall wall in her heart for she would never trust and fall on any man again. And what an empty she becomes as she throws herself from the edge of a cliff.

THE END

©KartikaSariMahyuddin