09

"Jacob, Jacob Black" He looks into my eyes as i look into his "And you are?"

"Katelynn Swan" I say

"So your Bella's sister, Charlies child?" He says and i nod "How come I've never seen you before, i mean except from when that wolf swiped at you..." He gently touches my cut "That must have hurt"

"i guess i was always busy when you came over, and i'm not a wuss i can handle it" I say with a laugh and he chuckles, Huskily.

I look at him in the eyes for a moment and then i remember the trip.

"I have to go back to the others" I say "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, i'll be sure to go around to Charlies more often"

"Bye" I say as i part ways with him and run back to join the others as they get into the buses, ready to go back to the school

"What's got you so happy?" Bella asks as i sit next to her, smiling.

"I met someone..."

"Who?!" Bella says as she adjusts the way she is facing me in her seat

"Jacob..."

The way home from school, i get no end of questions from Bella but i kept giving her the same answers and she ended up giving up on questioning me as we pulled into the drive, at home.

**********

"I think Edward might be mad at you for some reason" I say as we walk past his table in the hall

"Hey!! La Push baby!" Erik says

"What?" Bella asks 

"La Push beach" I say as she looks at me and i look down "I've been there once or twice" I say

"We're all going tomorrow" Mike says

"You in?" Someone else asks

"Sure!" I say, knowing what's there and i smile, looking down as i think about it.

"What's got you so smiley K?" Tyler asks me "Maybe she's got a jock waiting for her over there"

I laugh, knowing that they have no idea that they are right.

"You coming, Bella?" Mike asks her

"If Kate is going then i guess i am" She says and everyone cheers and i mouth a thank you to her.

She nods and stands up, going over to the salad bar and i look over as i see Edward talking to her, i thought they weren't friends?

**********

After driving to La Push the next day, i sit in the car with Bella and Angela

"So, i keep thinking that Eriks going to ask me to prom, but he never does" Angela complains

"Well then you should ask him" I suggest, but she shakes her head at me.

"Hey will you do me up?" Jessica says as she comes over to Angela

I look up and i see Jacob and another three guys walking towards us.

"Kate" Jacob says as he walks towards me and hugs me and when we pull away he keeps his arm, protectively around my waist.

"Guys this is Jacob" I say and the other say hi.

"Bella, are you surfing?"

"Absolutely not!" She says

"Come on!" I say "I've been trying to get her to say yes for ages!" I laugh

"Oh come on Bella, if not for you then for my girl!" He says and i look down, red cheeked.

"Who's girl?" I hear behind us and i look next to us and i see the boys looking at Jacob, strange.

"Guys this is Jacob" I say to them.

"You know when i said that you might have a jock down here waiting for you, you do realise that i was joking, right?" I nod and we all laugh.

"What is he, like your boyfriend or something?" Mike says laughing

"He's something... " I say and he stops laughing, watching Jacob and i.

"Hey, how about you guys carry on and i'll go take a walk with Jake?" 

Everyone says ok, and i walk off with my arm around Jakes waist and we go into the forest.