11 - The Shepherd

Mary Margaret and Amy were inside the life having a glass of wine each.

"You like him?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Yeah, I do... But... I think he may like someone or more than one person," Amy said.

"What are you saying?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Whenever I talk to him, I feel that someone is glaring at me and when I turn around... Regina's there," Amy said.

"You know the Mayor hates you..." Mary Margaret said.

"Yeah, feeling's mutual there," Amy said and they sipped wine.

"Everyone knows that," Mary Margaret said.

"Mhm, yep," Amy said.

"You'll be on your best behaviour, right?" Mary Margaret said.

"Hmm..." Amy said.

"Amy!" Mary Margaret said

"Yes, Miss Blanchard, I shall be on my best behaviour," Amy said and they chuckled.

"Good," Mary Margaret said.

"Now, why are we here and not at David's party? And why did you change our plans? Not that I mind, but I'd like to know why," Amy asked.

"Uh... Well... It's complicated," Mary Margaret said.

"My life is complicated, lay on me," Amy said as she refilled their glasses.

Meanwhile, David and Kathryn were standing outside of their house, there was a little sign that read The Nolans on the lawn.

David looked at the sign, "You know, you had the same look on your face before we bought it, too. You couldn't see past the ugly windmill on the lawn and said you'd never buy an old lady house. Do you remember what made you change your mind?" Kathryn asked.

"Well, I see the windmill's gone," David said.

"Come on. Everyone's waiting," Kathryn said.

"Who's everyone?" David asked as they walked up the walkway and entered the house.

Most of the people of Storybrooke were at the Nolan's house, for David's coming home party and Kathryn began to introduce him to various people.

"This is Gene," Kathryn said.

"Good to see you, Dave," Gene said.

"How you doing?" David asked as they shook hands.

"And this is Ellen, his wife," Kathryn said.

"Ellen, Hi," David said.

"Good to see you, too," Ellen said.

"And Frank," Kathryn said.

"Hey," David said.

Dr Whale walked up to them, "Hey," He said and they looked at him.

"Dr Whale," Kathryn said.