36 - The Stable Boy

One Week Ago...

At the Mayor's Office, Regina was fiddling with a ring as she looked out the window, she looked down to the ring, looked at it tearfully and brought it up to her lips.

Mr Gold walked into the room, "Remembrance of things past?" Mr Gold asked.

"What do you want?" Regina asked.

Mr Gold stood behind her, "I need a favour," Mr Gold said.

Regina scoffed as she turned around to face him, "You need a favour from me?" Regina questioned.

"Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me, pending. I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage. Now, someone with your influence could make the D.A. suddenly realise what a flimsy case they have," He walked towards Regina's desk, "Isn't that right... Your Majesty?" Mr Gold said as he picked up an apple.

"What do I get out of it?" Regina asked.

Mr Gold smirked, "Help with your Mary Margaret problem. You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them, she and her charming friend just keep finding ways to be together," Mr Gold said.

Regina sat in her chair, "What are you suggesting?" Regina asked.

"If you want to inflict pain," He set down the apple and sat opposite her, "Then you must inflict pain. If something tragic... Were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame..." Mr Gold said.

"She'd be ruined," Regina said.

"And you'd have your victory, at last," Mr Gold said.

"A trial could be very messy," Regina said.

"A trial? Now, who said anything about a trial? No, once Miss Blanchard has been incarcerated, you can plant one of your lovely skeleton keys in her cell. And once she tries to leave Storybrooke, well... We all know what happens to people who attempt to leave town," Mr Gold said.

Regina leaned forward with her arms on the desk, "Give me one good reason why I should trust you," Regina said.

Mr Gold took up and picked up the apple again, "Because I always honour my agreements. Do we have a deal?" Mr Gold asked as he tossed Regina the apple which she caught.

Flashback

In Regina's childhood, before she became the Evil Queen. A young Regina rode a horse on a training field, Regina jumped over several barricades then came to stop near her father. Regina got off her horse and they hugged.