Chapter 28

The weekend at Alessandro's mansion was OK, not too great, not too bad. The ride to the estate mostly consisted of the woods because we obviously don't want to get caught.

We approached a massive gate, indicating that we've arrived at the mansion. The guards instantly opened the gate, letting us in. I could see from afar that Hailey was stomping on her feet, excitedly waiting for me.

Being the cheerful girl she was, she squealed and hugged me as I walked out of the car.

My mouth was agape upon entering the mansion. Everything inside looked like a modern castle. Expensive china, paintings, and the furniture must've cost a fortune, well for me. The wallpaper design kind of reminded me of the Versace mansion, the one where influencers go and spend the time of their lives in extreme luxury.

I've been to Lockwood's mansion before, and I must say, for a man who has a plain-looking office, he certainly has a taste in interior design. Or he paid thousands of dollars for an interior designer.

Hailey and I spent both mornings by the swimming pool, relaxing and possibly tanning my ashen complexion.

Other than that, we would go to the theater room. The first time I stepped in, it felt like I was in a whole different world because that's how huge the place was, although its capacity is only 15 people. We watched every movie available and let me tell you, the experience was unreal. It was like we were in the film ourselves.

You must be freaking out when both men were the ones who cooked meals for us. Just like Alessandro, Jake had such good cooking abilities too. He made us Mexican food since he was Hispanic.

Hailey will be staring at Jake, her elbows on the countertop and her face rested on her palms, eyes filled with adoration, during the times he was in the kitchen.

"God, I'm so whipped of this man," she said once, her face held the biggest smile with a faint blush on her cheeks.

I can't say that I didn't feel a tinge of jealousy on Hailey even though relationships aren't my thing at the moment, because I really was. She appeared to be in love with Jake, and he was too. Yes, I know it's been only a few months of them dating, but it's self-evident that she's head over heels for Jake.

At the same time, I'm happy for her. She had finally found a man who loves and cares for her a lot. Her two boyfriends before this were either immature and had commitment issues.

Back to my time at the mansion, the rest of the time was quite bland. We called our friends back at my apartment. Amelia and Trevor were shocked to see both of us together. We talked for hours, conversing about various things.

We mostly talked about how it was living alone with a man. Hailey was blushing here and there as both of them were asking her questions. I remained silent the whole time, meticulously avoiding the topic.

After some time, they did ask me, and I simply told them it was nothing special since I was there for work reasons. I tried so hard not to recall the moment I had with him two days ago.

Trevor seems to notice something; I know he's very observant about things. He looked at me dead in the eye through his camera and squinted. I asked him why and he just said it was nothing, but I couldn't ignore the slight smile on his face. I just hoped that I didn't give out anything apparent.

Everything else was fine during my stay there. But what was weird was that I didn't see Alessandro at all, apart from the fact that he cooked us meals and we greeted each other good night before going to bed.

I asked Jake once, but he just said that he's busy with work. That piqued my curiosity because he should've called me since I was his assistant if he had work to do. If he doesn't want me, then what other work he has other than his company?