Prologue

7 years ago...

HIM

"Let's welcome Amy Roberts from 11th Grade!"...

I was looking at my phone when my friend, Jake, called me.

"Dude, you should seriously stop looking at your phone."

I groaned and looked at him.
"What do you want me to do then? Watch these simps doing performances?"
"Yeah, dude. Some of them are worth watching to be honest."
"I rather be playing video games than being here"
"Seriously,bro. You're so boring."
"Shut up."

And that is when I looked up to see what was happening.
The luscious brown hair. Those alluring doe-like brown eyes. I could see the pure innocence from those eyes through her glasses and the distance. Her pale complexion. Something about her just makes me not look away.

The pure innocence.

A few seconds into looking at her which I realized that she is reciting a poem.
God, her voice sounds like an angel from heaven. I don't mind listening to the voice forever, even for eternity. The poem was recited in a way that she immersed herself into it. Even me, a person who rarely listen to a poem being recited my whole life was enjoying it. Damn, she must be really good at this. 

After the poem was recited, she gave a smile to the audience. My goodness, the smile just screams pure innocence. Something in me itched to snatch her from the stage, bring her home and lock her in my room just wake up to that smile every morning.

And at that moment, that very moment, our eyes locked. Suddenly, it felt like the only people in the hall at the moment were her and I. I could tell that she was also slightly affected by our eye contact. Even it was for a few seconds, it felt like forever. Even though there was no physical contact involved, I felt this electric-like jolt in my body. It was like something in me ignited.

She walks down from the stage. My eyes are watching her like a hawk when I saw her hugging a guy. A wave of jealousy and possessiveness went through me. I was only seconds away from punching that guy and bringing her with me but I am not going to do it.

At that moment I realized, whatever it takes, she will be mine in the end. She has to be mine. She belongs to me and me only. I need to make her mine before some other guy does it.

I will make her fall in love with me. But not now because I feel like I am not worthy of her innocence. My reputation in school and the true colors of my family is definitely going to scare her off. She's too young and innocent for that.

But no matter what it takes, I will make her feel that I am worthy of her. That I deserve her. Amidst the darkness surrounding me.

God, I don't even know her name. Not that it matters much. I am going to call her angel because that's what she is.

Because an angel always lights up the darkness.
And she will the angel for the darkness surrounding me.