Chapter 39

HER

I honestly don't know what's going on.

Alessandro and Jake weren't at the company in the last few days. The last time I saw Alessandro was when he sent Trevor and me off from the funfair and Jake when he dropped us back at our apartment.

After that, no one heard from both of them. I texted him goodnight like I occasionally would every day on that day, but he just gave a short reply. Not that it mattered much.

But what was concerning is that both men were utterly unreachable. Not in the phone, message, and even email. It was like they vanished out of thin air.

Nonetheless, I would still text him in hopes of getting a reply back.

Hailey was already rambling about Jake not texting her back the morning after the confusing incident.

On the other hand, I wasn't that concerned at first, but when he didn't even text me once for that day, which he never does at all, Pretty negative thoughts filled my brain.

What if something happened to him?

But if something did happen, Jake must've gotten ahold of us to inform about it, but he too was radio silent.

Hailey wasn't herself since that happened, and Trevor and I tried our best to cheer her up. She even contemplated filing a missing person report, but I told her not to; something in me said that they weren't missing if you know what I mean.

I wasn't myself too. Other than being worried for him, I missed him a lot. We had never spent a day apart since we started dating, and I longed for his affectionate ways.

For the most part, I suspect that both men had something to do regarding something other than business.

Because if it did involve the company, I would be the first to know about this since I'm literally Alessandro's personal assistant and girlfriend.

But even that, why wouldn't he tell me about it? He's the one who established the rule where we won't hide things from each other.

And also, this is not just Alessandro's problem; Jake too. At least I expected him to tell Hailey a little about it.

It is undeniable that both men are hiding something from Hailey and me. If they don't tell us soon, I have to look into this because I hate being put in the dark for a long time.

Ughh, this is giving me a headache.

I expect an explanation from Alessandro when he comes back.

Both me and Tom, Jake's assistant, were having the busiest days of our lives. Even the whole of my uni years could never compete with the amount of stuff I should do throughout the duration.

Piles upon piles of documents waiting to be signed for approval, calls which I had to attend every single one and half of them was from a specific company asking where Alessandro was (which was quite suspicious actually), and meetings that had to be called off or postponed.

And I need to do all this while doing my work because if I didn't do it, I'm going to be screwed.

I didn't even realize I never went for lunch till Miss. Campbell came and dragged me to the company's cafeteria, which, surprisingly, I've never gone before.

And if you'd say Tom and lesser work, then you're very wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if that man had his nights in the building.

Tom and I were practically running the company at this point.

Today was just like any other day this week; I am here at work checking the reports the sales department had sent me.

It was supposed to be Alessandro's job. Still, he told me to check before him to make myself familiar with this stuff because of the whole 'I want to be a CEO in the future stuff.'